His muse.

Just walk through the door, it's easy four steps forward and push, nothing complicated about it.

Fuck's sake, half an hour I've been stood here staring up at the high-rise building urging myself to stop being a coward and enter. Yet the battle within my own mind is halting any movement.

Woman you booked this - Don't back out now.

The inner voice is right, I did seek out this place, I did arrange the meeting and it was all done with confident vigour. Now it's happening, I'd rather go back home and chuck on my tracksuit. Cement below was wearing out with each pace, nail beds destroyed from the chewing.

Fuck, fuck, fuck...

"Sorry Miss... there you go" Freezing, I look up to see a man in a well-tuned three-piece suit staring curiously up to me, arm outstretched as he kept the door ajar for me to enter. Furrow in his brows from Impatience.

Clearing my throat, I nodded muttering a 'thanks' striding past him. Scents of pine wafted in my direction, piano cords sounding through the speakers nervously I tucked a stray strand behind my ear. I shouldn't be in her, I stick out like a sore thumb.

Gaze cast to the plush charcoal carpets, I felt eyes on me as I tilted my head to meet them. Two females sat behind a desk identical slick back low buns, painted lips and pearly practised smiles. One stood flattening out her shirt breasts heaving as the buttons hung on for dear life.

Yep, I definitely shouldn't be here. Tugging the hem of my oversized t-shirt, uncomfortable in my own flesh once more. She called out "Hi there, do you have an appointment?"

"Y-yes I do at th-three" Stuttering as flitting my hues up and down, she is flawless the personification of pretty.

"Ok, name please", Grinning as she sat back down tapping away at her keyboard.

"Devon Dempsey" She hummed in response. Continuing to click away whilst the other eyed me closely.

"Room number six straight down this hall, first door to the left" I didn't say a word, just heading in the direction she gave me. Hearing cackles when they thought I was out of ear shot, sighing I dipped my head one more. Even after all these years it hurt to be the laughingstock, the girl everyone would tease.

I was dimly regular, even if I wasn't they wouldn't be able to see past the giraffe in the room which is me. Standing at five foot ten inches, legs longer than most sonnets. I couldn't stand it, longing to be petite and pocket sized. As for the rest, my hair was deep brown reaching my hip bones, breasts a comfortable size for the proportion of my figure. Prominent dips to my hips, accompanied with a jiggle in my rear.

Did people pay me attention? Yes, never the kind I wanted or appreciated no one could see past my height. Hence why I'm nineteen, never had a boyfriend, never been kissed. I don't want you to feel sorry for me in the slightest. Personally, I blame my genetics, which can't be changed so I suffer in silence.

Deep breaths, in and out. Remember your morning affirmations.

Another barrier to cross as I reach the room, shaking out the nerves I tap the door thrice, met with a small 'it's open', pushing it to peek around the corner. There's a man standing back to me laying out different supplies on a wooden pop-up table.

"Dempsey?" Beckoning over his shoulder. "Yes, yes that's me" Chin up high and proud. His shoulders jutted at my faux confident reply.

"Come further in, I don't bite" feeling the blush rise on my cheeks as I slide in, shutting the door behind me. Edging towards a forest leather sofa, debating whether to sit or say standing. "You can sit I'll be just a minute" I do as I'm told.