Moving on.

Authors Notes - This is a somewhat follow on from the shot Jessie, if you have not read it its no big deal. Sexual content and fluff. :)

Halls are silent, rooms unkempt, dust gathered in every possible crevice. I didn't care about cleanliness. After all it's just me now. Boxes stacked by the corner ready to be shipped. Time to leave behind every memory she had been gone for years now. Jessie Malfoy was the star who lit up the galaxy. My world revolves around her. We bought this home together; she took charge of aesthetics and decor. I simply funded them with a tooth baring grin. Oh, what i would do to have her laughter fill the air, her garish music shrieking out the speakers. Hear Jess grumble at birds chirping disturbing her slumber, she was never a morning person. I would accept her back in a heartbeat.

Ligature marks on my neck, scars around my limbs where I tried to join her for many moons.

Let me go, take me to her.

No - friends and family ensured I stayed earthbound whilst she floats alone in another world. She would hate to see you this way, Draco, she wouldn't want you unhappy. Speaking words as if they knew her to the depths I did.

Move on is my personal favourite. What even is that? How do i do it please tell me. I can't fathom a life without her. Jess was the beginning, middle and end of my story, Yet Here I am living in a daily wormhole of loss. Self-loathing and withering away.

"Mate? Are you ready?" Blaise's voice echoed with the distant chatter of others, shuffling cardboard and clattering contents from my home. Our home.

It was just stuff now. Nothing important to me. Zabini had been a rock of strength during the grieving, despite the number of times i pushed everyone far away they came back with more force determined to get me back on track.

Shifting to a small apartment on the outskirts of the city was a decision made at the moment, I'm secluded here, just me and my thoughts. A good novel by the fire at night, accompanied by a warm scotch. Right now, I'm Bundled up in layers, padding through the snow. Taking a memorised trail up a hill where me and my late wife spent time gazing at the stars. It gave a wondrous view down to the town specs of light seeming far out of reach no one ever came here - that's probably how I missed the silhouette of another swinging her legs over the cliffs edge until she spoke so softly not to spook me as I drifted into thought.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Tipping my head down, taking in her beaming grin, delicate features reflecting in the moonlight. Grey beanie shoved on crooked to keep in warmth, brows creased as she looked at me waiting for a response. "What?" Meeting her equally confused stare.

"It's a saying" She chuckled heartily; it was rather endearing - her laugh. "Kind of means, got anything to share?"

"No, I do not" Crouching to sit beside her with safe distance gazing out to the view as each light flick off one by one.

"Ok, tranquil, isn't it?" She shuffled awkwardly on the spot, eyeing me incredulously, "Being here", Closing my mind I inhaled deeply, remaining unspoken, apart from my inner circle I never branched out to make conversation.

Tilting her head to the side she smiled eyes roaming my side profile, "When the nights this clear, you can see the stars in all their glory, truly breath-taking", musing as if that thought had slipped through unintentionally. Huffing she pushed up to stand, I kept my sights ahead.

Flooded with an internal battle. Don't let her leave, don't lose this chance. You could use a conversation. "Draco" I spluttered out which turned to be more of a shout.