Just Friends?

Authors notes - Smut is back, light angst, Sub/Dom Draco. Bad ass OC.

Enjoy.

Stepping onto the platform for my eighth year is such a contrast to the first time, its nostalgic, memories of a younger me flood my mind as I sigh in relief to be going home. My family's manor is bricks and mortar to me nothing more than a cemented reminder of the world I was born into one of false smiles and high expectations. Hogwarts was my home, the foundations setting up my future where I could be myself, the unfiltered version that my parents shun. With them i have to be posed the pillar of perfection. Thats probably why I'm fixated on the way i dress and appear to others, pristine shirt steam pressed, tucked without creasing into my pleated grey and green skirt, knitted jumper also grey as it's my house code. No tie I usually throw that on just as we arrive its stifling. Socks up to the knee and a pair of tennis shoes, many girls my year wear patents with a kitten heel but that's not for me. Each strand of my dark hair is sprayed within an each of its life to sit in a sleek back high ponytail, again other girls tend to wear their down I prefer it out the way.

Pushing my way through the crowds towards my section knowing I'm late, I'm always late it's one of my quirks. The rest of my friendship group are punctual to a fault, excelling academics to make up for the mayhem they cause on daily which I also do, assignments handed in on time no smudges, punctuation checked detailed and accurate. I pay attention in class, retain information. I don't cause chaos or act up, some of the group especially the testosterone driven Neanderthal's have wandering eyes and hands during our lessons. Typical hormonal morons, the female side well we take part in extra circulars but during learning hours its heads down in a different way to after. 

Some would say we are the mean group, which isn't exactly false. I'd say it's accurate, we rule the school everyone knows us. The Slytherin Seven, a group of elite purebloods who have known each other since birth our friendships are more circumstantial than chosen, it's just all we have known.

Hauling my luggage behind me with a grunt, I definitely over packed this term. I'm not built for this hence why elves were invented but tippy isn't permitted to travel with me so here I am slumming it. Lugging the case onto the overhead shelves taking a mental note of where I left it. Strolling through the aisles to find my section, whispers start no one dares make eye contact as their hushed words echo, hearing the comments of how I've filled out over break, small smiles from boys hoping to get one in return, mentions of flings I may have their no doubts over who I was with last year. It was obvious to outsiders as well as bizarre the arrangement we had but within our circle it was normal just how we act on a daily, what you see is subtle compared to behind closed doors. We spent the summer abroad away as our families are close, I do not mind it though it's always been the two of us. He is mine and I am his, not officially that doesn't matter though.

He is my best friend - the lines are crystal clear.

Recently I've noticed them blur more and more with each interaction to the point I'm manifesting a future - with him. 

Distant giggles and chatter perk my ears as I recognise the voices quickening my pace as i slide open the door met by beaming faces, "Ru late as always darling?"

"The train hasn't left yet Zabini therefore I'm on time", the dark boy chuckled with a shake of his head standing to greet me with a signature Blaise bear hug I was taller than most girls in our year but nothing out of the ordinary, still managing to nuzzle my way into his neck inhaling as he squeezed tighter, before being forcefully dragged off me and shoved to the side, behind him stood Amber Lanham my best female friend, she squealed leaping into my arms causing me to stumble slightly.