Take the chance.

Authors notes. Not my best, but its short and sweet. 

She is gorgeous, effortlessly so.

Bodies fill the large space between the table I've occupied and hers. I saw her the minute I entered; I always do. She is perched on a high back stall sipping a tonic of some sort, no doubt mixed with liquor. Head thrown back laughing at something her friend said next to her, painted red lips stretched showcasing perfect teeth that's not the showstopper though - those dimples do things to me I cannot begin to explain. Letting myself gaze around her flawless features, dotted freckles making a million stars like tiny constellations. Loose auburn curls slung carelessly over her right shoulder, thick black lashes batting over faded green hues as they reflect her emotions. Glistening when she smiles or squinting as she takes in the idle gossip.

Mirroring her contagious smile as I lift the glass, I've been toying with to my lips letting it glide down my throat with a burn. Stare never leaving where she sits as I feel a look burning my own skin. Snapping out my trance to meet two smug Cheshire grins of my childhood best friends who are no doubt itching to make jokes at my expense. Sighing as I place my drink down on the round oak, "Can I help you?" I hiss, slightly agitated they've taken me away from her.

Blaise snorts, leaning on his elbows, "No, something caught your eye Malfoy?" his tone laced in jest as he turns to Theodore, "Seems like he is distracted, doesn't it Nott?"

Theo's lips curl in amusement as I shift uncomfortably, feeling heat rise in my cheeks no doubt glowing from embarrassment of being caught in a daydream of her yet again, not that I'm very subtle. Breathing out a chuckle as he answers. "Sure, does Zabini"

Sneering back in response to the duo, "I do not know what you're talking about"

"Cut the shit Draco, you're always in la-la land when she is here", Gesturing behind in her direction. He isn't wrong, a month ago we ventured to the Jackdaw pub on a whim as soon as the doors opened, melodies of her giggles rang in my ears now I make sure we revisit every Wednesday and Friday night after I soon found out that was when she came. The boys caught on pretty soon why I had a sudden thirst for a whiskey mid-week, I have not been able to mask my fondness well.

"Just go speak to her" Theo blurts out, eyes narrowed at my own in seriousness.

Instantly my head shakes, palms sweating in unison. "No, I-I can't do that", Stuttering out the words like a fool.

"Course you can, your Draco Malfoy" Blaise insisted, he was quite yet the most confident out of us three. Believe it or not, approaching a woman makes me want to vomit.

"Yes, but she..." Huffing as I spin my rings in a pattern mustering courage to go to her.

"No, there's no buts Malfoy. Nut up, go over there and speak with her. Flash those charms you inherited..." Nott spat becoming fed up with my cowardice, exhaling heavily his expression softens as he takes in my hesitation, "Mate, just speak to her. You'll regret it if you don't, your futures not planned out for you now, you have free reign" He states without a stutter, a cheeky smirk appearing as he continues, "Plus, I reckon she will be equally as interested in you"

Hope ignites inside my chest, heart rate hammering. "You think so? "Theo nods with a soothing smile, nudging Blaise's arm for input.

"Oh yeah, of course. I mean you are gorgeous and painstakingly so..." With the added confidence I jump to my feet met with cheers of encouragement from the two, straightening out my shirt nervously as I begin to weave through the crowds, one last peer back at Blaise and Theo who give me a thumbs up in support.

Steadily stepping until I'm Infront of her the only barrier being a table. Conversations the females were having halts all eyes fixed on me, I'm only latching onto hers. As my silence prolongs the once whimsical look, she wore turns to one of confusion brows creased in the centre, my brain goes blank, mouth open mutely as I panic. One of the girl's snorts into her palms as the fiery red scowls to shush her, before leaning in closer eagerly waiting for me to speak. Clearing my throat, I mumbled "D-Do you have spare napkins they have run out at the bar?", Absolute moron I inwardly scold. She nods politely reaching to the middle plucking a handful, locking questioning globes as she extends the tissues to me.

My cheeks are no doubt Scarlett, as I stand utterly embarrassed. Still, I take the napkins dropping my arm limply in defeat. Whispering "Thank-you". The girl sends a beaming smile, "You are most welcome"

Tail in-between my legs, quick walking back to my pals as they shoot a 'what the fuck just happened? ' look my way. Honestly, I do not know, maybe it's her devastatingly gorgeous face or the fact she was in a pack. Why the fuck do women insist on travelling in packs.

Immediately I dismiss their stares waving a hand in the air, taking the hint. That little incident is dropped and buried.

Shooting another wanting glance in her direction, she is bidding farewell to a brunette girl the others have dispersed already, slowly she resumes drinking the remains in one gulp, before reaching down to her black leather jacket.

As she stands, I take in her height. I've always admired it. I would estimate she is around five ten, my past partners or flings were hobbit size. It's sweet to start with when you get lost in a flirtatious smile, in some cases a heavy cleavage after a while it's a strain on my back. Taller women are far more appealing to someone of my stature, her lips would be within my reach with a simple tilt downwards. Not to mention her legs stretch on for miles id be there for days praising them without a quorum, her figure is slim growing fuller in the hips and thighs where her boots sit snugly - those boots how I'd love to devour her with just that item of clothing remaining. The turtleneck knitted sweater dress compliments her tremendously extra points for it being Slytherin colours.

An irritating snap of fingers rouses me once more, as I shoot daggers at the prick bothering me "Malfoy, I think she's leaving", No shit Blaise I want to say, I don't. Only a sigh leaves my lips, I blew it.

Fuck.

Not bothering to watch her leave as I zone in and out of Zabini's drawl about the recent rise in his workload. About to call it a night, when a waiter appears drink in hand as he grins placing it in front of me. Brows pinching tightly as I stare up perplexed, "You have the wrong table, I didn't order that"

He reaches into the left pocket of his slacks hauling out a piece of paper before wordlessly walking away, fumbling. I open it not missing Blaise or Theodores figures moving closer to see what it says.

"It's a phone number", I mummer, neck whipping around to find where it came from, that's when I catch her eyes burning into mine. Half out the door as she winks disappearing into the night. Scrambling to my feet I beeline for the exit, ignoring calls from my friends.

Pushing out the door I see a sliver of burnt orange gleam under streetlights there she is aimlessly swaying. Shortening the distance between us I speak up with a vicious tongue.

"Is this a joke" her gaze meets my fury as I hold the note up. "I don't need your pity, nor do I want to be something you discuss over brunch"

She giggles, fucking laughs at me a look of amusement on her mouth. "Bold of you to assume I eat brunch, if you don't want my number then lose it"

"You're really giving this to me?"

"Yes, I am"

Stuffing it back in my pocket, for the second time today she extends her hand. "Ruby". Ruby, it suits her. I've always found that to be a ridiculous thought that a name would suit a person. But hers does.

Grinning from ear to ear, "Draco"

Running her thumb against my knuckles, "Well Draco, call me", Releasing her touch she saunters away.

Something in me snaps, as I call behind her. "Wait, are you free now?"

"Now?" I hum in response, she eagerly struts back to my side linking our arms, as she cooed. "I guess I could spare an hour" Fear slowly diminishes as we drift down the darkened streets towards the unknown.