20. Tough

Y/n's Pov

Today I had ditched school with Megan and Billie to look for rings.

Ariana was working and she wouldn't be back home until like 7 pm so that is way more than enough time.

"Ahh fucking hide me" Megan shrieked, I was confused until my eyes landed on our former teacher Mr. Colin.

He smirks towards all of us making me cringe and when the fuck did he get released?

I walked into a random ass store and surprisingly it had lovely rings.

"Holy shit this place is perfect im going to look around if ya'll find anything lemme know" I say and they nod and I jog over to where the diamond rings are excitedly.

"Woah" I whisper to myself when I see a ring that looks... I don't even have words to describe it but shit it is beautiful and shiny.

"Do you need help sir?" I hear someone ask me, "actually yeah, uhh how much would that ring cost?" I ask her, "well that ring is about $3,893" she answers, "I can pay it" I say and she nods pulling put a key.

She gets the box, "alright, come with me please..." she searches for my name, "y/n" I say and she says, "right this way y/n, nice pick by the way, whoever the woman is is lucky to have this ring you know every girl is obsessed with this particular ring right now?" She asks me as she scans it, "n-nah how many though?" I ask, "about 1 million maybe more" She says and I pass her my card when she tells me the price.

It is the card Ariana had given me and I made sure to check if she can see what I buy or not, I was so glad when I saw that she couldn't see what I use the card on.

"Thank you have a good day" I say, "you too" She says and I look for Megan and Billie, the are making out in the back, "horny fuckers let's gooo" I drag out and they jump into the car.

We make our way back to my house (and Ariana's house obviously) and I hide the ring, I will propose when we go to Boca, Raton, it is her hometown and I really want it to be special for her.

We then chill and watch tv and I hear keys knowing Ariana was home, I jumped over the couch and made my way to the door opening it since she was struggling.

"Hey baby, sorry for that" She says pointing to the door handle and I see it broken, "I'll fix it now don't worry, how was your day?" I ask, "stressing, what about yours?" She asks, "mine was okay" I say not wanting to seem excited or anything.

"Mm okay who is here because it smells like pasta and I know you do not know how to cook that" She says to me making me do a fake gasp, "how dare you say such a thing?" I ask offended and she just giggles and pulls me into the kitchen, "hey ari" Megan and Billie say pulling her into a hug.

"Oh thank the lord ya'll are here I thought y/n was going to burn the house down" She says with a soft laugh, "he is so childish sometimes, I feel like he acts like a 12 year old the majority of the time" She adds, she really pushed my buttons I hated those accusations even though they are jokes I just don't like them.

I go upstairs without a word and I go I to the guest bedroom all the way in the back I know Ariana's wouldn't check here and it is basically hidden she never showed me this part of her house, she doesn't even know I know where it is.

I study for I don't even know what subject I guess you could say they are all mixed I never keep track.

I hear something fall in the closet and I go over there.

I see a box on the floor and it was open, there was a pictures inside.

I decide not to think much of it and I place them back into the box but I also noticed it was baby pictures of Ariana with her brother, mom, and Nonna, and only like 3 with her father.

I put it on top of the closet and go into the bathroom, I shower and I notice I forgot to even get clothes.

Ugh, I dry myself and wrap the towel around my waist making my way to mine and Ariana's room, "hey" I say when I see her sitting on the edge of the bed, she ignores me, wow the silent treatment now huh? Two can play that game Ari, two can play that game.

I walk into the closet and put on my boxers and shirt with sweats.

I walk out of the room and go downstairs, the girls already left.

I decide to use my phone.

"Hey" I hear and don't respond, she gives me the silent treatment I'll give it back to her, I haven't even looked at her yet.

"Baby!!" She says in an irritated tone, she had been repeating it for the last 10 minutes already.

"Yeah?" I ask still not looking and she snatches my phone throwing it across the room, "WHAT THE FUCK?" I yell out, "NO Y/N WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?" She asks, I sigh keeping my cool, I don't want to yell at her again, "ari baby, I'm sorry okay? You didn't reply to me upstairs so I have been giving you the same energy" I say and she nods crying.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask pulling her onto my lap as I'm sitting on the couch.

"M-my-" she stops and continues crying and I kiss her head rocking her softly trying to calm her down just comforting her.

When she gets her breath steady she says, "my d-dad died" my eyes filled with water feeling sympathy for her, I hate to see her like this, her dad died? Wow y/n, would this be me if I don't make amends with my father?

"Oh" is all I can manage to say, "babe, why am I crying over him? I don't don't fucking know him he hasn't been a part of my life" She asks me as I wipe her tears away with my thumb.

"H-he is still your dad baby that is most likely why, he raised you for like 8 years no?" I ask her and she nods while sniffling.

"The rest doesn't matter because he is still y-your dad and whether you want to believe it or not you still loved him, you still love him I mean like he is your dad and always will be" I say and she nods, "babe is this making you rethink what you have with y-your dad?" She stutters out and I nod still hugging her close to me.

"I'm sorry for taking it out on you earlier I know you hate when I say things like that" She says crying into my chest, "it's okay baby" I say and kiss her head.

This day was full of surprises but then again isn't everyday a surprise? You never know what you are going to receive, life hits you harder than anything else and that is a fact.

A/n: I hope ya'll liked this chapter, love you bubs, bye.

Any questions, suggestions, or anything?

Comment below.

I don't proof read so sorry if there are any mistakes!!