Chapter 5: What is an Alter Ego Anyway?

No One's POV

For the rest of the ride to Nozu, Lisa avoided any more talk of wolves. Just by the look in her eyes, she sensed that Jennie didn't seem too comfortable talking about it.

The rest of the way there, they chatted about Rosé and whether or not she would ever let Jisoo date her.

"She's been playing hard to get a little too long." Jennie remarked.

"If I were Jisoo, I would have given up and moved on, that fool keeps ging after Rosé."

"I did notice she's been paying attention to Nayeon Im a lot more lately." Jennie said after thinking for a minute.

"Maybe she's actually growing a brain."

A few minutes later, they arrived at Nozu and went in where they grabbed a booth.

They ordered and for a few minutes chatted about school. Suddenly a serious look came to Lisa's face.

"Can I as you a question Jennie?"

Jennie slightly frowned, suspecting it was about her other side. Jennie knew perfectly well such questions were inevitable. "Go ahead."

Lisa hesitated for a moment, not sure if she should ask the question. "I know you said you felt like a freak, are you ashamed to be a werewolf?"

Jennie lowered her head slightly and closed her eyes for a moment. "Sometimes." Lisa could detect a tone of sorrow in her voice.

Jennie continued to speak. "My sister is normal. The only exception with her is that she can spot a werewolf in a second, even in human form. I have no idea why, but she's normal. I'm not normal, most of the time I feel like half a person. At night I strip and run around the neighborhood as a wolf."

The ever increasing pain on Jennie's face was evident, as a single tear fell down her face. "I run around, howl and mark my territory like a common dog."

Jennie further lowered her head as more tears came rolling down her face. Lisa hated asking the question but she felt she needed to know how exactly how Jennie viewed herself.

Hearing enough, Lisa reached forward with her hands and took Jennie's into hers. "You're not a common dog or a common anything. You're more than a person. You had to be a lot more than common to attract me. I'm not ashamed to be with you. I know this relationship is very new but I feel a connection with you, and it's more than the fact that you killed someone to protect me."

Jennie's eyes seemed to light up a bit.

"You're different, but lots of people are different. You're a beautiful animal and a beautiful person. Not to mention, extremely dangerous and I like dangerous." Lisa found it hard to believe she was saying this but deep down she meant it.

That seemed to bring Jennie's spirit back up. Lisa realized she had to be a little careful with any comments, as the subject was still somewhat sensitive to Jennie.

Lisa avoided talks of wolves for the rest of dinner which went very well. They talked and both felt they made a connection with the other. Jennie was simply happy to have someone accept her for what she was. Lisa was intrigued by this other side of Jennie, she was also rather fond of Jennie in human form as well.

They held hands on their way out of the restaurant. Lisa drove Jennie home and parked in front of the Kim's house.

"Thanks for trusting me Jennie." Lisa said, knowing it wasn't easy for her to do so.

Jennie smiled. "Thanks for going out with me. Can I see you again?"

"That would be good." Lisa said as she leaned in to kiss Jennie. It was a slow burning kiss, full of fire and potential, which both of them felt.