Chapter 25: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Seulgi's POV

It was a hectic night to be sure. I showed up at Jennie's house where a number of people were assembled. A big map of the world with pins in various cites was present along with a few extra phones. After a while Jennie, Lisa, Jiyong and several other left to get in position.

I, Jennie's mom and a few others were put to work, monitoring what was going on in other cities. It was a simple task but I wanted to help in some way. Granted, I was still wrapping my head around the concept of Vampires and Werewolves but it was certainly true.

Once the attack was launched I got to work calling the headquarters in various cities to get updates on how things were proceeding. From the few I had to call, things were going very well. Reports from the people her in LA said all was going well. I'd even heard they found the head Vampire's location and Lisa was on her way there. All seemed like it was going perfectly.

That was until Jennie got home. Two werewolves dropped her off at the house. I could tell as soon as she stormed in the house that she was ultra pissed. I was on the phone at the time but she immediately took her mom into another room. I could hear loud voices coming from the room. From the snippets I made out, I figured that Lisa went after the head Vampire herself and ordered Jennie to be taken home. The official excuse was the fact that Jennie was slightly hurt but she knew that Lisa never intended to take her.

Jennie's mom was trying to calm down the very livid brunette but was not succeeding. Eventually, Jennie came storming out of the room and grabbed me by the shirt.

She looked very angry.

"Come on, you're taking me to where Lisa is?" She demanded.

I looked at Jennie's mom who quickly protested.

"You should wait dear, it's not safe." She said somewhat sternly.

Jennie ignored her mother and practically dragged me out of the house.

She said little as we got in the car, only telling me to drive to an address in the Hollywood hills.

"Look Jen, I'm sure Lisa was just..." I started to say to try and reason with her. From my experience, I knew Lisa's first instinct would be to protect Jennie at all costs. So Lisa's actions didn't come as much of a surprise to me. I heard some talk that the head vampire was an uber nasty vampire. Though I'm sure in her typical fashion, she didn't bother to tell Jennie ahead of time or really explain her reasoning.