Chapter 16: The Greatest Trick the Devil ever pulled

Spoilers for the 1981 movie, "Body Heat" are in this chapter.

No One's POV

While Jennie finished getting ready for school, she described in exact detail what the woman said and looked like. There were two details that stuck out in Lisa's mind. The first is her dress, all very expensive designer clothes and accessories.

The second detail was odder. It was the fact that Hyekyo stated 'She' killed King Jin. Lisa wasn't sure what to make of it, so she put that aside for the moment. Before Jennie finally left, she pulled out some books on the Vampire/Werewolf war.

Lisa grabbed a large cup of coffee and began to read. She felt she didn't know enough about this war and Hyekyo to know how to proceed. Just how much a threat, overall, was she? That was the major question on her mind.

Granted, she planned to destroy the vamp bitch either way but she felt she needed to know more.

The vampire/werewolf war happened in Europe in the years 1479-1480. It coincided with a major outbreak of the Plague, so the humans were too busy trying to stay alive to notice a war in their midst. Besides, so many were dying anyway. The skirmishes and battles were kept away from humans when ever possible.

The Vampires started the war with little warning, suddenly attacking numerous werewolf settlements at once. A few were wiped completely out. The fact that the vampires suddenly started to work together came as a shock. There were a lot more of them than they thought there was. It appeared they had slowly increased their numbers before the war started. The war went badly for the werewolves at first and they lost many of their number.

But in a series of battles near the end, the vampire's fortunes quickly changed. As they were losing they launched their sneak attack on the werewolf nobles and wiped out almost all of them. Enraged, the surviving werewolves fought back viciously and in the 2 battles that followed decimated the vampire ranks.

The final battle was strange, as the vampire forces just seem to fall apart almost as soon as the battle had begun. It was as if, what ever caused them to work together simply stopped working. The head vampire was destroyed and the war was won.

Lisa in her reading paid little attention to the specifics of the various battles but was more concerned about what was known about the head vampire and his consort.