Chapter 18: Gathering the Troops

No One's POV

As Jenlisa drove to the doctor's office where Jennie's uncle worked, Jennie paid close attention to her mate. Lisa was driving, largely silent with a very determined look on her face. But Jennie being her mate, could sense that Lisa deep down was worried and scared. When one of them was feeling strong emotions, the other could sense it.

Jennie knew Lisa was covering up her fear but it was there. She felt she had to do something.

Jennie gently put a hand on Lisa's leg. "Lili honey, pull over for a second."

Lisa gave her a curious look. "Why?"

"Please baby, just indulge me. It will only be for a minute."

Lisa huffed. "Nini, were in a hurry."

"Please baby." Jennie pleaded.

Lisa relented and pulled over to the curb. "What is it?" Lisa said somewhat impatiently.

Jennie put up her hands on either side of Lisa's face and starred directly into her mate's eyes.

"Lisa, I'm your lover, girlfriend, and mate. I know you're scared and nervous deep down. I can feel it. I sense you saw something that scared you. I just want you to know that I love you and I will be at your side every step of the way. I'm not going to leave you, come hell or high water. Where you go, I go."

Jennie then took both of Lisa's hands into hers. "You're fate is my fate."

Lisa paused for a moment and looked deep into Jennie's eyes as a single tear fell from her eye. It deeply touched to see the depths of Jennie's devotion. Though she didn't feel worthy of it, she felt lucky to have a mate so closely bonded to her and loved her with all her heart. Lisa just didn't know what to say.

"I love you Nini." Lisa said, but then sighed. "Just between you and me, I am nervous."

"Lili, you're the 2nd best actress I know, me being the first. If you don't feel like you're a strong leader then just act the part of one."