Chapter 26: When can the Healing Start?

No One's POV

Almost immediately after Seulgi left her hospital room, Lisa tried to call Jennie. She figured the brunette was in class but knew she always checked messages between classes.

The phone rang and then she suddenly heard Jennie's cheery voice mail message. Just hearing that made Lisa feel terrible as she already missed Jennie.

"Hey it's Jennie, I'm so sorry I couldn't come to the phone. Please leave me a message and I'll get back to you."

Lisa sighed and left a message. "Jennie, just please call me." After she hung up, she realized she sounded very pathetic. She felt pathetic. In addition to all the pain from the cuts and other injuries, she felt broken on the inside. She felt a longing for her mate. But with her absent, Lisa slowly sank into depression. On top of everything else, she had a wicked hangover from consuming an entire bottle of peach schnapps.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by a knock at the door. She turned and saw it was Jimin, the local pack leader and Jennie's uncle Daesung."

"Hey, I thought we would check up on you. How are you feeling today?" Daesung asked as he walked in the room.

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Like I got the shit kicked out of me. Next stupid question."

Daesung appeared momentary embarrassed. "Well, you should only be in the hospital a few days. Your two stab wounds didn't hit anything major. We had a top notch plastic surgeon work on your nose last night. It should look like it never was broken at all. We can arrange for a dentist to have false tooth put in your mouth. Everything else should heal nicely."

Wanting to get straight to business, Lisa asked. "What's the final score?"

Jimin stepped forward. "We completely routed the vampires all over the world. After you destroyed the amulet, all the vampires that were left fled. We think we got nearly all of them. We did lose about 17 people in the process. Most of the vampires were newly sired and quite weak. But there were a few older and more experienced one mixed in. They did cause some problems but we dealt with them. But all in all we are very happy with the results. They were planning on hitting us hard. We did expect to take some casualties but we prevented a major disaster. We will always be in your debt for warning us in time."

"17." Lisa muttered herself. She didn't like the fact that they lost people but knew the consequences would have been many times worse.