Chapter 19: Walking the Dog

No One's POV

After the conference call, Jenlisa rushed to Jennie's house were a hastily organized meeting was to take place. At least 30 werewolves and the local pack leader, an auto mechanic named Jimin, were present to organized search efforts.

Lisa gave a small speech stressing the urgency of the situation. But at the same time she stressed that we try to be as subtle as possible, as they didn't want to tip their hand. She was confident and spoke with almost a swagger. Halfway through the speech Jennie realized Lisa was probably just imitating someone from a war movie. But being a superb actress pulled off her performance flawlessly. But her goal which was to inspire both motivation and confidence was successful.

A huge map of the city was placed on a table with a mark for each last known location of all the newly reported missing. The missing were from all over the city but there were three areas where there were heavier concentrations of missing. Jennie's father and some others with previous military experience divided the city into search grids. Various grids were assigned to different teams. Lisa studied the map and picked an area with almost no missing sandwiched between two areas of heavy missing. The neighborhood itself was partially lower income residential and Industrial.

"Why did you pick that area Lili?" Asked Jennie.

Lisa looked at Jennie with a half smirk. "How does the saying go? Dog's don't shit where they eat or something like that. So what's your brilliant plan?"

Jennie smiled. "Well in our wolf form, our sense of smell is far superior. We'll pick up a vampire at least a block away. But us walking around as wolves would sort of stick out. What don't people pay much attention to? Someone walking their dog perhaps."

Lisa's smirk widened as she motioned for Jennie to come closer. "You do realize that one of us will have to be parading around the city with a dog collar and leash and it ain't going to be me?"

Jennie just laughed.

"What's so funny?" Lisa said with an odd look.

Jennie chuckled again. "That means you get to hold the bag of poop, otherwise it won't look real."

Lisa frowned. "I hate you."