Chapter 10: The Ties that Bind

No One's POV

Lisa got off the bed. "I'm going to clean up and use the bathroom, why don't you set the mood."

As Lisa departed for the bathroom to wash up, she felt this almost primordial sense of anticipation building up in her. She knew it was her wolf side or The wolf in me as she thought it. Thinking about Jennie in the next room she could feel that sense growing inside of her. It more than anticipation, it was an urge.

Lisa leaned up against the bathroom counter and closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath she surrendered herself to feeling inside her. She knew she was going to commit to be Jennie's mate tonight. Her path felt clear and she took no hesitation to walk it. This wolf was part of her, part of her heritage. Her father and grandmother may have ignored it, but Lisa had no intention of doing so.

Lisa finished quickly in the bathroom and headed back to Jennie's room. She had thought about stripping but thought it would be more fun to have Jennie undress her. Her heart began to beat faster as she approached the door. She could already hear the radio play some dance track.

She opened the door and entered. The room was lit by a few candles, their light merrily dancing on the ceiling and walls. The window had been opened, the cool night breeze felt good as it swirled around the room.

Jennie was still dressed but Lisa could see she had combed her hair. She was sitting on the bed with a quiet smile. Just seeing Jennie there, waiting for her, made Lisa's heart skip a beat.

"Sit down." Jennie purred patting the bed to her left.

Lisa eased down on the bed and gave Jennie a smirk in an attempt to cover her nervousness.

Jennie took Lisa's hand. "I want this to be special for us. If you don't feel like you want to do this we don't have to."

Lisa smiled. "I'm ready."

A sparkle appeared in Jennie's eyes as she heard the answer. "I'm so glad. I feel the bond between us. The bond between a wolf and it's mate."

Jennie leaned in and kissed Lisa. Slowly pressing her lips against Lisa's. The kiss quickly deepened as each felt more drawn to the other. After several minutes of kissing, the pair broke the kiss. Lisa took a moment to run her hand through Jennie's long brown hair.