Chapter 7: The Need for Sleep

No One's POV

It was early afternoon and Jennie was trying to write a song on the piano, when her mother came in. She was holding 2 grocery bags.

"Jennie, could you please help me bring in the groceries. I have more bags in the car." Sandara said.

Jennie hopped off the piano bench and moved to the door. "Sure mom."

A few minutes later, Jennie was bringing in the last of the bags.

"Thank you Jennie. You can help me put away the groceries and while were doing that we can have a talk."

Jennie placed a gallon of milk in the fridge. "About what?"

"Lisa. I had a talk with her today."

Jennie tensed up. "What did you say to her?" Jennie said with an accusatory look.

"Relax Ruby Jane, we just had a chat. I wanted her to know what she was getting into, let her know she had options. I trust you but I still needed to talk with her." Sandara said as she continued to put away the groceries.

Jennie still didn't look too happy. "Mom, I don't like you going behind my back like that."

"Jennie!" Sandara said a loud tone of voice. "There's something you need to know."

Jennie huffed "What?"

"I know you've begun bonding with Lisa and I know you love her, but what you don't know is that she has also begun bonding with you."

Jennie suddenly looked very confused. "How? She shouldn't be able to bond with me."

"Lisa didn't know it herself, but she has werewolf blood in her. Though she isn't one herself."

Jennie's jaw opened in shock.

"It's true, her father's father family, they are werewolves. Though her grandmother herself isn't. It's not a family I ever heard of but Lisa is descended from werewolves."

Jennie leaned up against the kitchen counter as it all set in. "And because of this, Lisa has begun to bond with me?"

Sandara smiled. "Yes, she has. Her werewolf heritage has given her the ability to do so."

"Oh my god, Lisa can bond with me." Jennie said with ever growing excitement. Just knowing that was like music to her ears. Jennie knew that bonding was part of their way of life and it saddened her to know that Lisa couldn't bond with her. But now Jennie, much to her excitement, knew now that Lisa could."

"That's great mom! But wait a sec, you said you told her she had options? What did she say?" Jennie asked suddenly getting nervous.

Sandara put a hand on Jennie's shoulder. "She wants to continue seeing you and bond with you. Oh and before I forget, she's having problems sleeping as a result of the bonding. I've discussed it with your father, she can stay with you until it passes."

Jennie's eyes nearly bugged out of her head, causing her mother to laugh. "Here, take the keys and go over to her place. I won't need the car the rest of the day. You know that until this passes, she won't sleep an hour or two a night without you until this passes."

Jennie practically ran out of the house. Being together helps the bonding and makes things go easier. Jennie hadn't seen Lisa all day and was already craving her presence. A short while later, she was knocking on Lisa's door.

A moment later it opened up. Lisa was dressed in shorts and an old Iron Maiden t-shirt. She looked rather tired and run down.

"Upstairs Kim." Lisa said, pointing to the stairway.