Chapter 13: On the Hunt

No One's POV

Lisa first drove straight home. She had some money stashed away in her dresser and thought she may need it. She also wanted a decent pair of boots and her favorite pair of scissors. Just before she left, she grabbed a bag with wooden stakes, a crucifix and holy water she had prepared for just such an emergency.

Next, she drove to Rosé's house. She needed to warn Rosé and ditch Dahyun's car. They would soon be looking for it. Lisa knew that for her own good, they would not want her looking for Jennie. 'You're too inexperienced and exhausted,' they would probably tell her.

She knocked on Rosé's door, the blonde haired girl answered.

"Hi Monkey, you look tired." Rosé said with a look of concern.

"Are you alone?"

Rosé nodded. "Yes, my parents took my sister to a special hospital in San Francisco."

Lisa gritted her teeth. "Rosé, I don't have time to explain but you can't stay here tonight. Your life is in danger. Something might be coming for you."

Rosé gasped. "Is it that nasty looking clown that was flipping that sign in front of the car wash? He always watches me."

Lisa rolled her eyes. "No, much worse. Do you have anywhere you can stay? You can't be here tonight."

Rosè thought for a moment. "I can stay at my cousin Yeji's house. She wanted me to come over for a while."

"Good, but I'm going to need you to take Dahyun's car and I'm going to take yours."

Rosé looked past Lisa at Dahyun's car, which was parked in front of the house. "Why do you have Dahyun's car?"

Lisa smirked. "I borrowed it, let's just leave it at that. Hurry up, pack your things and let's get moving."

Rosé hurried off to her room while Lisa waited downstairs. While she waited, Lisa leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. She could feel the fatigue steadily creeping through her entire body, but as long as she could move she was going to find Jennie.