Chapter 6: A Clearer Picture

No One's POV

The next day was Saturday. The previous night, she had that strange dream about the black wolf with her eyes. Though strangely accepting of everything else, that somewhat unnerved her. After the dream, Lisa found herself unable to sleep. She tossed and turned for hours but sleep eluded her. She eventually managed to drift off for about an hour before morning came.

Lisa was tired and crabby, but decided to spend the morning doing homework. Around 11AM the doorbell rang.

"Probably Jennie, maybe I can ask her about that weird dream." Lisa muttered.

As she opened the door, she saw that it was Jennie's mother. She was casually dressed and had a nervous smile on her face.

"Mrs. Kim, if you're looking for Jennie she's not..." Lisa started to say before she was cut off.

"No Lisa, I wanted to speak with you. Alone."

Lisa stepped aside as she suddenly got very nervous. "Please come in."

A disturbing thought quickly ran through her mind. "If Jennie's strong, then her mother is even stronger. She could easily kill me."

"Can I get you something?" Lisa asked politely.

"No, thank you. Are you alone?" Mrs. Kim asked as she stood just inside the house.

The word alone really bothered Lisa, causing her to shift her weight uneasily.

"Um... yes." Lisa said her as her voice squeaked.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I just need to talk to you about some things." Mrs. Kim said reassuringly. She had noticed the look of fear in Lisa's eyes. As a predator, Mrs. Kim quickly picked up on it. Scaring or harming Lisa was not her intention.

Lisa relaxed slightly and pointed to the living room just to the right.

Mrs. Kim walked into the living room and sat down on an overstuff leather couch. Lisa sat on a matching chair, several feet away. Though somewhat eased by Sandara's reassurance, a sense of nervousness remained.

"I care for Jennie, Mrs. Kim." Lisa started.

"Call me Sandara, please. She speaks highly of you. She's grown very attached to you, and she trusts you."

Lisa bit her lip. "This is going to be a strange question, but are you here because I'm a girl or the the fact that I know that Jennie is a werewolf?"

Sandara quickly laughed. "You're right, it is a strange question. But to answer it, I don't mind my daughter is dating a girl. Just as long as that girl treats my daughter with respect and care. I'm here because of my daughters gifts. Now don't get me wrong, I love both my daughters equally. Before you really get to dating my Jennie, you need to know some things."

Lisa nodded. "She told me some stuff, I'm not sure if it's all I need to know." Lisa then briefly told Sandara what she had been told.

"Ok, she covered most of the basics but she did leave out a few things."

Lisa began to worry, "What exactly?"

"To our kind, our secrecy is very important. If Jennie trusts you, then I will too. Regardless of what happens, it would be most wise of you not to mention any of our kind. People who've talked in the past about us disappeared. I won't do anything, for Jennie's sake, but someone else would. It sounds a bit harsh and I'm sorry I had to say it, but we're dangerous if crossed."

Sandara was quickly reassured by the look on Lisa's face indicating she was undeterred. "Got it, what else is there?" Lisa asked.

"We bond with our mates quite strongly. Even though my husband is a normal human, I have bonded with him. I can sense various emotional states, when he's aroused, I tend to get aroused. When he's sad, I tend to be sad. I'm much more attuned to his smell. I can pick up on the faintest traces. For a mated pair of werewolves the bond can be very strong and intense. There are exceptions of course."