Forty

With tension in your neck, you sat on the roof and looked down to see if anything was about to happen.

An entire army of police forces pulled up to the farmers market.

Someone got out and started telling people to clear the area.

Confusion spread, but no one refused.

Within a few minutes, the entire place before the city halls was empty.

The police started to roam the buildings around.

More people left in a hurry.

They were trying to clear the entire area in case of emergency. Nobody was supposed to get hurt.

That was probably also the main goal of the terrorists. They wanted to spread chaos and fear.

It would make a good headline on the news and governments all around the continent would be forced to acknowledge that something is was going terribly wrong.

But that wouldn't be the only goal they tried to reach.

If the word of the terror organisation would spread, more people would be interested in trying to join them. They'd grow and soon turn into a threat as big as Al-Quaida or worse.

This evil had to be nipped in the bud. Otherwise Europe would be facing a force that wasn't just well armed but also financially stable and educated.

More cars arrived. They didn't have any license plates or other identification, just plain black vehicles with tainted windows.

"Probably the SEK.", Price hummed. "Special task force."

He was still leaning against the air circulation system. But his body language had changed as well.

His shoulders were more tense now, his eyes watching like a hawk.

With one finger on the trigger of the rifle he twitched as someone in a special uniform stepped out of a car.

They looked like the marshmallow man, wrapped in a silver shining suite that covered everything from head to toe.

"Bomb control.", you mumbled. "Probably to check out what I saw earlier."

He hummed.

"Let's hope you weren't seeing any ghosts. Otherwise Laswell is gonna give us a nice call."

Not tearing your eyes away from the towers, you shook your head.

A hint of restlessness tried your throat.

It had to be right.

You hadn't seen ghosts.

And yet.

There was that small voice in the back of your head that whispered something wasn't right.

"Hand me the telescope.", you reached out for it before he even had the chance to do it himself.

The small spots between the bricks of the city halls definitely weren't a part of the original build. They also weren't new decorations or restorations.

They were unknown objects.

But despite their strange looks and the fact that they weren't supposed to be in that spot, you felt like there was no danger coming from them.

With bated breath you searched for one of the spots to take a closer look through the telescope.

Your heart skipped a beat.

Something was terribly wrong.

"Plastic.", you gasped. "Everything is plastic."

Price frowned.