Fifty

The sound of a heavy door opening filled the silence.

Your head moved.

He moved as well, as if he was trying to hide from you.

Only the devil knew how much time had passed, but Price refused to talk to you.

He was mad.

He didn't want to waste his last minutes by arguing.

This mission was a fail.

And it was your fault.

Steps sounded.

Shadows spread across the overgrown concrete floor.

With one eye you glanced up. It still made you feel nauseous to open both eyes.

The woman from earlier appeared.

"You...", you mumbled with your eyebrows pulled together as she gifted you a smile and walked to the other side to give her attention to John.

"What a pity...", she purred and forced him by the chin to look her in the eyes. "What a handsome man. Not one of us."

His face was like a mask of stone.

But you couldn't help and feel annoyed. A low growl got stuck in your throat.

"Hands off, lady.", you smirked to hide the fact that it bothered you how close she was. "I've called shots on him already."

She chuckled.

"He can be all yours.", she walked to a spot where both you and Price could see her. "But it won't be for long."

A strange spot of light appeared behind her.

Your lips twitched.

"I know this isn't a movie...", you said and followed the ray of light with your eyes. "But I'd like to know why."

The source of the light was a circle that shone through one of the broken windows.

It seemed like you and Price had been dragged into a basement.

It came from a flashlight.

Someone send codes.

"Keep distracted.", the message said.

Price noticed too.

As the woman moved her head, he cleared his throat.

One of her eyebrows rose.

"Why what?", she asked, returning to the topic.

You shrugged.

"Why everything. This seems extreme for someone who's a bit right."

A snort escaped her.

"We're not a bit right. We're nationalists."

"National socialists?", Price asked in a sober manner. "Are you international nazis?"

Now it was you who couldn't hide a smirk.

The shadows in the windows started moving. They spread left and right. Some disappeared entirely.

The woman didn't notice.

At least not yet.

Shaking her head, she returned to his side. She seemed to have a rather big interest in him.

"We want to destroy this union.", she said, lowering herself so that her and his face were floating next to each other. "It is destroying our counties."

You frowned.

"Our?", you asked.

"Yes. We are many. All around Europe. We want to be independent again."