CHAPTER 46 : HUM TUM

word count: 1620

dated: august 31, 2022

monami keeps the serving bowls on the table.. and sets the dishes.. and bhabhi is helping her.. when karan after getting freshen up comes to the dining table.. and then the aroma of the biryani hits his nose which feels magical to him..

karan- kya baat hain.. (he said lost in the smell..)

monami and bhabhi looks at him.. monami smiles.. while bhabhi chuckles seeing his old devar back..

monami- tum baitho.. main serve karti hu.. (she said to karan.. and karan nods and takes his seat..) bhabhi aap bhi baith jayia..

barkha- main karti hu na monami..

monami- main karlungi bhabhi.. aur kuch karne ko hain hi kahan.. (she said with a smile.. and then taking cuttlery from barkha hand.. she keeps it on table.. and then pulls a chair.. and makes barkha sit on it.. while bhabhi just smiles at her.. monami is about to serve her.. when she says..)

barkha- pehle karan ko.. (monami smiles.. and then moves towards karan to serve her.. but then his phone rings..)

karan- bhabhi... headquarter se call hain.. aap log shuru kijiya main aata hu.. (he gets up from the seat.. and goes outside to attend the call..)

monami- bhabhi.. aap khaa lijiya.. main karan ke saath khalungi..

barkha smiles and then says- sab saath main khaate hain.. (monami nods with a smile..)

baby- chachi.. (baby comes running towards her..)

monami gets down her level and place her hand on her cheek..

baby- chachi.. aapki brownies na best thi.. mujhe aur khane ka mann ho rha hain..

monami- bus itni si baat.. abhi laati hu..

barkha- nahi.. monami ruko.. aur baby.. (she turns towards baby.. and makes a stern face..) aapko mana kiya hain na zyada meetha nhi khaana.. aapke daant kharab ho jayenge..

baby whines- par mumma..

monami- bhabhi.. khane dijiya na.. ek din se kuch nhi ho ga.. (she said to her.. bhabhi was about to say something.. but she pleades her with her puppy eyes and gestures her to look at baby who has made a sad pout.. barkha smiles..)

barkha- ohkk.. but sirf aaj ke liya..

baby gets excited- yaay!!.. my chachi is the best.. (and she hugs monami..)

barkha smiles at the duo - aur mumma..

baby- mumma.. toh world best.. (she said hugging barkha.. and then kisses on her cheek..)

monami smiles- main brownies laati hu..

monami went and brings brownies for her.. she makes her sit on her lap.. and then start feeding her.. while bhabhi was just looking at them with smile.. while making her eat.. some brownie fell on monami top.. and barkha looks at it..

barkha- monami.. tum isse saaf karlo.. warna daag pad jaayega..

monami- ji bhabhi.. (she gets up from her seat.. keeping baby down.. and then goes to washroom to clean it.. )

barkha then looks at baby and takes her in her lap- aap mere paas aayo.. aapko main khila deti hu.. (baby smiles.. and barkha starts feeding her..)

karan comes after hanging up the call- monami.. jaldi serve kardo.. bahut bhook lagi hain.. (he said while walking towards the table.. but monami is not there..) bhabhi monami..