Chapter 29

[Kusa]

This is very bad... In the middle of the study, Stella decides to peek at Sofia but instead, she sees her doing it with Marisa

And here she is now in front of me deeply shrouded by a wave of emotions

But strangely enough, she didn't cry... She didn't get angry but instead, she emits gloominess as if she blame herself

I'm curious why she acted like that...

"Hey, Stella why are you not angry with Sofia?"

She narrowed her eyes toward me like I am speaking something absurd

"Angry towards Sofia? Why would I?"

"Sofia is the kindest person in my eyes, she won't do anything absurd unless she can't control her own body"

"what do you mean?"

"Ibaraki has Madness enhancement also the instinct of an Oni that makes them want to win every time, so that makes her the victim in this particular scenario"

"Also the person named Marisa is quite sharp... She takes advantage of Sofia's kindness to make her position more firm in Sofia's heart"

"because even I did a similar thing, to be honest"

That confession made me surprised

"to tell you the truth I hated the De Luca's so much..."

"they claimed my family's life... I intend to seduce the future heir and borrow his hand to kill the mafia"

"But in that fateful evening when I'm at a cell when the bid is ongoing explosion has occurred and people panicked"

"A blonde little girl has arrived while having a giant bulky metal cannon in her hand spewing some flames"

"she accepted the bullets from the guards and she has been dyed red"

"but like an illusion, flames have appeared making the girl look like new"

"the roar of her cannon has been louder as she indiscriminately kills whoever is on her way"

"Everyone died except for me since I'm in the middle of the stage"

"she approached me and asked me a question... 'Do you want to die?' "

"do you know what is on my mind that day?"

.....

"I could use her"

"I know I'm very desperate to destroy the De Luca's since my hatred is still very fresh"

"That's why I begged for her not to kill me"

I took a deep breath and drink some refreshments because I thought it was a love without underlying meaning but instead it's a manipulative one

"Yes... I'm the worst after trying to manipulate a 10-year-old girl"

"But she is quite smart... No, she is too smart for her age"

"she could easily parry my advances because she is basing everything on logic... I can't seem to make her crack"

"That's why I teach her emotions the aspect where she lacks... I tempt her until she got grown to attach to me"

"I gave her fictional books so she could base herself on the different characters she read until she gained a common sense"

"my revenge plan has been proceeding smoothly but."

"The longer I stayed with her, my hatred for the De Luca has waned too... Until I realized that she is the most important thing in my life"

"despite I've realized it I hesitate to advance our relationship because that doesn't change that she still has their blood..."

"but..."

"I didn't think she is just another disposable tool for them..."

"I thought it was a joke and she just plan to remove me from her life..."

"But after seeing her cold corpse... I've realized it quite too late... I'm such a fool..."

"I've cried and desperately blame myself..."

She is holding back herself to cry and she is constantly mocking herself

"I deserve it... For being the worse person in her life.."

"Also the fact that she had no friends is also due to me..."

So Sofia could only rely on her alone... How frightening

No wonder I like to be alone in the past... Humans are complicated and terrifying creatures, especially the ones that are close to you

"Stella, I'm curious what is Sofia's entire persona when you first met?"

"She... For a more accurate description, she is like a disobedient robot"

"How so?"

"she always does things because it's been forced on her but when she doesn't want to they can't do anything towards her"

"because she will kill anyone if she is pushed too far"

"her former maid wanted me to be gone so she pushed too far and...."

"she just punched her to death"

"hence I've become her maid"

I've read the backstory of Sofia and she is truly merciless in the past and got her moniker the Oni for her ruthlessness and collateral damages she does

"to say the least... I can't blame her but blame myself instead"

I let her finish her story so I could discuss the reincarnation process

--------------------------------------------------------------

[Ibaraki]

"Good morning"

I've met up with Kasen in her territory since I want to talk to her

"Good morning Ibaraki"

"it may come out rude but there's something off about you today"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm almost fine... But I need someone to talk to so I choose you"

"that's seemed heavy... But okay ill try my best!"

--------

'Kasen is sweating because the problem Ibaraki presented is more than she can chew"

"Ibaraki... I'm afraid I can't help you there"

"Because that's too complicated..."

"But a little of advice from me, just take it easy and not overburden yourself"

"Okay..."

"Can we spar for a bit? Because I need to take off my mind from these thoughts even for a while"

"Sure!"

------

Both the people go to a clear area and take their stances

Kasen goes to her martial arts form while Ibaraki summons her sword and flames have sprouted on her body

Kasen sees this and thinks she needed to take this seriously as her right arm oozes black smoke and her expression becomes more seriously

Ibaraki wraps her sword with flames as she jumped intending to jump slash at Kasen

While the black smoke around Kasen becomes lightning-like as the buzz of electricity has gathered on her fist

she intends to hit the sword with her fist

When the two clash flames and lightning can be seen rippling through the air

--------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest I have no idea what is the future of the plot since I've kept changing it...