Chapter 84

As they arrived at the park, which was supposed to be full of people, Yukari, Ibaraki, and Marisa looked around warily. The air was still, and there was no sign of life, not even the sound of animals could be heard.

Despite the eerie atmosphere, the three of them were carefree, their expressions revealing their confidence as they entered a separate space, waiting for the master and servant to show themselves in order to discuss the terms of the contract.

"It seemed they are prepared" Marisa muttered under her breath as she gazed around the empty park, analyzing the situation with a sharp eye. She could sense that their opponents were well-prepared for their arrival, which only increased her focus and intensity.

With a flick of her wrist, Marisa let out a single, precision-shot, bullet that bounced from one surface to another with immeasurable speed. The bullet's unstoppable force destroyed all of the traps and magic circuits in the surroundings, leaving nothing behind but rubble and dust in its wake.

With the traps and magic circuits neutralized, the boundary that had previously been surrounding the park crumbled away, leaving the surroundings to return back to normal. However, as it was already night-time, the park remained empty, silent, and still bathed in moonlight.

The group turned towards the piercing scream that echoed through the night, their eyes landing on a woman who seemed to be in immense pain, doubling over in agony as she clutched her stomach. Beside her stood a man whom they recognized as one of the teachers from Sakura's school.

The woman's groans and writhing were evidence of the pain she was experiencing as she felt the rebound of the destruction of her magical arrays. Her form shook with spasms as she tried to recover, her gasps filling the empty park with sound.

Yukari's playful tone belied the seriousness of the situation as she approached the woman and man. With a jovial smile on her face, she hugged Ibaraki, who was eager to rip the pair of attackers to shreds for setting traps and causing harm to her friends.

"My, my, planning to attack the event facilitator? It seems like you're in need of some punishment," Yukari said, playfully wagging a finger at the pair before turning her attention to the woman who was still in pain.

Marisa's manner of dealing with their opponents was swift and efficient. Without hesitation, she delivered a stunning blow with a single bullet that quickly knocked the pair out. Yukari and Ibaraki watched with perplexed expressions as Marisa performed her expertly executed move.

"What? It's the truth. They are asleep," she said, explaining her actions with calm precision.

Yukari and Ibaraki nodded in agreement, understanding that Marisa's move was necessary to prevent any further danger. While they had expected her to use a sleep spell, her approach had been just as effective.

"Well, I will deliver them to the mage association for further notice," she said, her voice steady and focused.

"I think you should meet the Berserker and its master," Marisa continued, indicating that they had more pressing matters to attend to.

With a graceful motion, she hopped onto her broomstick, effortlessly balancing the tied-up duo as she prepared to fly them to the mage association.

"Sure!" Ibaraki replied cheerfully, her enthusiasm evident in her voice. She had always been eager for a challenge and was looking forward to facing the Berserker and its master.

Yukari nodded in agreement with Marisa's suggestion, deciding that they needed to prioritize their safety above all else. She turned to head off, but as she glanced back, she noticed that Ibaraki was blushing suddenly. It took a moment for her to realize that Marisa had probably kissed her, causing a small smile to spread across her face.