Chapter 88

Yukari's gaze shifted to her companions, pondering the vacant roles that needed to be filled for the holy grail war to commence. The absence of three servants threatened to disrupt the balance of the battle, and she sought a solution to this dilemma. Her mind wandered through the possibilities, considering the individuals before her who possessed the qualities required for the missing roles: Assassin, Caster, and Rider.

However, Yukari quickly dismissed the idea of involving her beloved Ibaraki in this conflict. As a powerful force to be reckoned with, Ibaraki's inclusion would not only undermine the gravity of the battle but also tarnish the grandeur that Yukari sought. A grand battle of heroes should not be reduced to a mere spectacle, but rather a clash of legends and destiny.

With this in mind, Yukari turned her attention to her other companions, considering their unique abilities and potential for the vacant roles. Each possessed their strengths and talents that could contribute to the holy grail war, fulfilling the necessary functions of an Assassin, Caster, and Rider. As the pieces of the puzzle fell into place, a plan began to take shape within Yukari's mind.

Yukari carefully considered the abilities and characteristics of her friends, assessing their suitability for the vacant roles in the holy grail war. Marisa, with her incredible firepower and mastery of magic, seemed a natural fit for the caster position. However, Yukari recognized the potential imbalance that Marisa's immense destructive capabilities could introduce. Her attacks were so potent that they could easily overwhelm the prepared enemies, potentially disrupting the intended balance of the battle.

On the other hand, Shuten's expertise in illusion and poison made her an ideal candidate for the assassin role. Her deceptive techniques and deadly toxins could tip the scales in their favor. However, Yukari was aware of the potential risks that came with Shuten's immense power. If she were to unleash a powerful spell, it could swiftly alter the course of the battle, potentially undermining the intended progression and challenge.

Lastly, Yukari turned her attention to Altrogue. With her adeptness in manipulating blood and her proficiency with various weapons, Altrogue seemed well-suited for the rider role. Her blood-based abilities allowed her to traverse the air with ease, giving her a distinct advantage in aerial combat. Furthermore, her lack of major area-of-effect spells ensured that the battle would remain more balanced and in line with the intended challenge.

Yukari turned her attention to Nyx, a powerful being with godlike status. She recognized that Nyx possessed immense abilities that could easily resolve any battle with a single spell, obliterating everything in her path. However, Yukari also understood the importance of maintaining a fair and balanced holy grail war, where challenges were meant to be faced and overcome through skill, strategy, and perseverance.

Yukari began her search for Shuten and Marisa within their shared house, fully aware that she needed to discuss the idea of their participation in the holy grail war with certain restrictions. As she walked through the familiar halls, she contemplated the best approach to present her proposal to them.

--

Marisa's eyes sparkled with excitement as she processed Yukari's words. The prospect of joining the holy grail war, even with the proposed restrictions, filled her with exhilaration. Her love for magic and the thrill of battle ignited a fire within her.

"You want me to join? You want me to show them the true power of magic?" Marisa asked, her voice filled with disbelief and anticipation. She couldn't contain her enthusiasm as she eagerly awaited Yukari's confirmation once again.

Yukari nodded, her smile widening at Marisa's exuberance. She admired Marisa's passion for magic and her unwavering determination to push her limits. Yukari knew that Marisa's presence in the holy grail war would bring a unique and formidable element to the battles.