Chapter 69

On this particular day in Fuyuki, the group was diligently working to expand Marisa's house while also modernizing its interior workings. Marisa, being sentimental about her home, had insisted that they avoid damaging the foundation of the house.

However, with their abundant resources, the group had procured ample materials and appliances to create a comfortable space that could accommodate up to ten inhabitants. The task was not an easy one, but the group's perseverance and determination kept them going throughout the day.

Ibaraki was initially disappointed at the thought of converting her beloved sports car into a pickup truck. However, she soon decided to embrace the challenge and made a commitment to turn it into the fastest pickup truck ever seen. Her determination fueled her to work tirelessly on the project, and she poured all her expertise and resources into ensuring that the final product was not only faster, but also more durable and reliable.

After Ibaraki, Shuten, and Nyx put their heads together to expand Marisa's house, the humble abode has been elevated to new heights. The walls have been crafted with the sturdiest wood and enchanted with runic magic, ensuring its strength against any weather condition. The roof has been finished with sleek, dark shingles that reflect beautifully in the sunlight.

Inside, the house is a modern wonderland, complete with top-of-the-line appliances and ingenious runic fixtures. The living room has been revamped with plush furniture, a large flat-screen TV, and a state-of-the-art sound system that immerses you in sound. The cherry on top is a well-stocked bar located at the corner of the room, complete with a fridge that keeps drinks cool and refreshing.

The kitchen has been fitted with a gas stove and oven, a refrigerator, a microwave, and various cooking utensils. The counters and cabinets are made of dark wood that contrasts beautifully with the stainless steel appliances. The dining area has a large wooden table that can set up to ten people comfortably.

The bedrooms are spacious and cozy, with comfortable beds, soft pillows, and warm blankets. The windows let in plenty of natural light during the day, and there are lamps that provide ample lighting during the night. Each room has its own bathroom that has been outfitted with modern plumbing and fixtures.

The expanded Marisa's house can now comfortably fit up to ten inhabitants at once. The space is inviting and modern, yet it still retains a sense of warmth and comfort that makes it feel like a home.

"Aah! Finally, it's done! I'm so beat up, I feel like soaking in a hot spring," Ibaraki said, stretching her body as she spoke. Thanks to their use of magic, they managed to complete the renovations by evening.

Shuten let out a melancholic sigh, "It's a shame that there are no natural hot springs in this area," she conceded.

"Hey, I've got an idea! How about we create our own hot spring?" Marisa exclaimed with enthusiasm, turning to face the others. "I mean, with the four of us, we could probably whip up something pretty amazing!"

She grinned, her eyes sparkling with excitement at the prospect of a new challenge. Marisa loved nothing more than taking on new projects, especially when they involved magic and creativity. "What do you say? Who's with me?" she asked, eagerly awaiting the others' response.

"Very well, we can enhance the house even more for Sakura's next visit," Ibaraki said with a determined expression, already starting to plan out their next move. She was eager to contribute to the project and make their home even more comfortable and inviting.

Nyx let out a small yawn before speaking, "I'm in agreement with Ibaraki. It sounds like a great idea, Marisa," she said with a smile, her eyes shining with excitement.

Shuten nodded in agreement, "Indeed, we can make our home even more comfortable and inviting," she said before adding, "But before that, I should start preparing dinner," her voice trailed off as she headed towards the kitchen.

"Then let me help!" Marisa exclaimed cheerfully, as she followed Shuten towards the kitchen.

As Marisa enthusiastically followed Shuten to the kitchen, Ibaraki and Nyx found themselves alone. They quickly decided to make use of the opportunity to discuss the materials and necessary spells for their upcoming hot spring project. The two of them eagerly exchanged ideas and brainstormed different approaches to the task, their voices filled with excitement and anticipation for what was to come.

As Marisa and Shuten worked in the kitchen, the sound of clinking pots and pans filled the air. After a few moments of comfortable silence, Marisa spoke up, "You know, I can't help but notice the positive changes in Ibaraki lately." Her tone was thoughtful, but filled with warmth and affection for her partner.

Marisa continued to work on the vegetables, slicing and dicing them with deft movements of her hand. "I've noticed some positive changes in Ibaraki," she said, her tone filled with cheerfulness. "She's been relying on us more, being more truthful, and even becoming more prone to teasing," she added with a mischievous grin, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "It's nice to see her opening up and being more comfortable around us," she finished with a satisfied nod.

As Marisa continued to work on the vegetables, Shuten's voice suddenly broke the comfortable silence. "You know, Marisa, I've noticed something that's been bothering me. Yukari has been helping Ibaraki more than I have," she said through gritted teeth, her tone filled with frustration and a tinge of jealousy. Marisa's expression became one of surprise as she listened to Shuten's words. "It's hard for me to accept that," Shuten added with a deep sigh, her eyes narrowing in determination.

Marisa paused in her vegetable cutting and looked at Shuten with surprise. "What do you mean, Shuten?" she asked, her tone curious. "I know Yukari has helped Ibaraki before, but that doesn't mean you haven't helped her in your own way," she added, trying to reassure her friend. "Ibaraki trusts and relies on you just as much as she does with the rest of us. Don't sell yourself short," she finished with a reassuring smile.

Shuten let out a deep sigh, her shoulders slumping with defeat. "I suppose you're right, Marisa. I'm sorry for getting jealous," she said, her tone apologetic. Despite her words, there was still a hint of sadness in her eyes. Marisa could tell that her friend was still struggling with her feelings, and she wanted to do what she could to help. "Hey, it's okay to feel that way sometimes. We all get jealous from time to time," Marisa said with a reassuring smile. "The important thing is to recognize it and not let it consume you," she added, hoping to offer some comfort to her friend.

As Marisa and Shuten continued to cook in the kitchen, the sound of sizzling and chopping filled the air. Meanwhile, Ibaraki and Nyx were deep in discussion, poring over their notes and discussing some confusing terms in the living room. Despite the complexity of the topic, the two of them were completely focused and engrossed in their conversation, the peaceful atmosphere of Fuyuki lending itself to their concentration. It was a rare moment of calm and tranquility for the group, and they were all grateful for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, so like, this part is just like a normal day in their life, you know? They're just resting and stuff. But like, it seems like Yukari's got some big plans for the next chapter or whatever.