Chapter 53

To say that going to the city is relatively easy is an understatement, especially when three people want to tag along. Ibaraki finds herself in a dilemma, as choosing one person could potentially strain their interpersonal relationships with each other.

If she selects Shuten, Marisa would become sulky since she also wants to see the city and would likely sneak out without supervision. On the other hand, Nyx is quite unreliable, as she would likely stalk Ibaraki regardless of her decision.

If she chooses Marisa, Shuten would get jealous and would make a deal with Nyx so they could stalk her too

If she chooses Nyx, the result will be the same way anyway

In order to solve her dilemma, Ibaraki decides to compromise and use her noble phantasm to create a car. She had been studying car restoration on the internet, watching videos on car washing and kit assembly with great attention to detail.

Late at night, while the other girls were sleeping, Ibaraki carefully manipulated the scorching hot fragments of her noble phantasm.

Ibaraki was currently in the process of creating the famed 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT, which happened to be one of her favorite cars. Fortunately, she was able to find its blueprint on an automotive enthusiast website, which made her ecstatic to start the creation process.

However, Ibaraki soon realized that creating a car was much harder than she initially anticipated. Manipulating the scrapped noble phantasm to her liking was proving to be a challenge, especially since creating a motorcycle was already difficult enough.

Despite the obstacles, Ibaraki remained determined to create the car of her dreams. She understood that the process would not be easy, but the end result would be worth all the effort in her mind.

------------

The morning had arrived, and Ibaraki had just put the finishing touches on her creation.

'The 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT is an absolute stunner, and with a black coat, it exudes a sense of sleek power and sophistication. But what really sets this particular Lamborghini apart is the flowing lava-like paint that covers its body, creating a striking and unique look that commands attention.

From the front, the sharp lines and aggressive angles of the Diablo GT are accentuated by the black paint, giving it a menacing and imposing appearance. As your eyes travel down the length of the car, the flowing lava-like paint seems to be alive, dancing and twisting across the sleek, aerodynamic body of the car, catching the light in a dazzling display of color and movement.

The low, wide stance of the Diablo GT is accentuated by the black wheels, which seem to be barely able to contain the raw power of this incredible machine. As you approach the car, the sound of the engine is deep and throaty, promising an exhilarating ride that will leave you breathless.

Inside, the cabin is luxurious and comfortable, with plush black leather seats and high-tech gadgets and instruments that are sure to impress even the most discerning driver. But as beautiful as the interior is, it's the exterior of this stunning Lamborghini Diablo GT that will truly take your breath away.'

Ibaraki begins to type the thoughts that come to mind in the notes app on her phone. She looks down at the device in her hand, which is dying due to the extensive use of its flashlight and high screen brightness.

"But I suppose none of this would have been possible without your help, Nyx," she writes. Nyx's manipulation of darkness is incredibly versatile, as she has the ability to manipulate the atoms themselves. However, the darkness she creates is always black due to her mana affinity, which leans towards death.

Ibaraki turned to Nyx, who looked at her with a blank expression. She stared at Nyx, expecting some kind of reaction, but Nyx remained stoic. Ibaraki let out a sigh and kissed Nyx on the cheek, which seemed to satisfy the usually unemotional Kuudere.

But Ibaraki couldn't help feeling guilty for giving Nyx false hope. She knew that she didn't see Nyx as a lover, but more like a sister. She had set a boundary between them, yet Nyx stubbornly held on to the hope that Ibaraki would one day reciprocate her feelings.

"I guess it can't be helped," Ibaraki muttered, causing Nyx to look at her with a slightly worried expression.

Ibaraki's ability to plant fake memories was a rare gift, one that she often used to her advantage. With a wave of her hand and a focused concentration, she could activate the neurons associated with a particular memory, triggering a complex chain reaction in her brain.

As a result, she experienced all the same emotions, sensations, and feelings as if the memory were real. Ibaraki had planted a fake memory of having romantic relationship with Nyx in her own mind, knowing that she would feel as if she had truly experienced that encounter and may develop genuine feelings of attraction towards Nyx.

She understood that the brain did not distinguish between real and fake memories at a fundamental level, and that this phenomenon could be used to her advantage. Ibaraki knew that the physiological differences between real and fake memories were not always detectable through normal brain imaging techniques, which made her gift all the more powerful.

With her extensive knowledge and supernatural powers, Ibaraki was able to create memories that felt just as real and powerful as the genuine experiences they mimicked. And in this case, she hoped that the fake memory would be enough to make her fall in love with Nyx.

Ibaraki falls to the ground, but Nyx quickly catches her. She knows it's stupid to try to fake her feelings, but making someone feel left out after declaring that she will love them makes her look like an indecisive person.

"Ibaraki, what happened?" Nyx's voice becomes shaky with worry as she looks down at Ibaraki, her eyes laced with concern for her well-being.

"I just planted a seed within my heart, and it's up to you," Ibaraki said before falling asleep. "If you want me to love you, water it every day, and I'm sure it will bloom."

Manipulating her noble phantasm was very taxing on Ibaraki's mind, and the careful manipulation of her own body was the last straw for her consciousness to sink.

Nyx looked at Ibaraki's sleeping face as tears fell from her eyes. "Despite you being a different person than I know, your gentleness truly moves my heart, Sofia," Nyx whispered.

Nyx was aware of what Sofia was doing. She knew how gentle Sofia was and how she was frail and vulnerable, but to go to great lengths just to make her not feel left out, Nyx felt glad and bad at the same time. But for Nyx, it was okay to be selfish just this one time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'll finish this one before continuing to work on my other fanfic. Also, I am still alive!