Chapter 56

Well, folks, the moment you've been waiting for! The real chapter is finally here. I mean, it's Saturday, and what else am I going to do? I've already played my daily game, which takes less than an hour to complete. So, after I finish typing this, I'm off to scour the internet for some juicy reads. Anyway, let's get to it, shall we?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibaraki gazed into the distance, contemplating the absurdity of it all, while Nyx nonchalantly strode up to the registration desk to claim their four IDs.

With her help, they quickly gained access to the Mage Association forums. However, Ibaraki's dissatisfaction stemmed from a different matter entirely.

"Shuten, let me drive!!" Ibaraki's voice rang out, sounding like that of a child who had been robbed of a toy. Her outburst amused Marisa, who observed the scene with a smile.

"You're driving slower than a turtle in molasses!" Ibaraki continued, her hands waving wildly in the air. "This car was meant to be driven like it's on the autobahn, not like it's on a Sunday stroll!"

"No! I don't want to experience such a hellish feeling again! This isn't Need for Speed!" Shuten rebuked Ibaraki as she focused on driving.

"You're disrespecting the car!!" Ibaraki fumed, making Shuten decide to speed up moderately, which made Ibaraki feel a bit better.

Ibaraki hugged Nyx like a pillowcase as Shuten and Marisa chatted in the front seat, making Ibaraki bored with nothing to do. So she scrolled down to the rogue mages that needed to be captured in Fuyuki.

"Hey Ibaraki, I want to save Sakura. Should we do it now?" Shuten asked, thinking about the consequences but realizing it was too late since they were already there and would disrupt the plot anyway.

"We could, but she's already quite broken, you know? I doubt saving her this time would do any good... I guess we could drop her off with Shirou since they are childhood friends," Ibaraki said after a bit of pondering.

"Also, there should be a correction force since fate can't be rewritten so easily," Ibaraki added with conviction, making Nyx nod in agreement.

"Ibaraki, do you think we should set up some barriers for this mission?" Shuten asked, looking at Ibaraki with concern.

"Marisa, do you know how to use barriers?" Ibaraki asked Marisa, hoping to get some assistance.

"I can use them, but not as well as Reimu," Marisa replied.

"That's good enough. Nyx, can you help Marisa form a barrier? We need to make sure things don't get too messy and attract unwanted attention. And please make it as strong as possible, because I have a feeling I'll end up demolishing everything in sight," Ibaraki said with a mischievous grin.

"Are you planning to fight, Ibaraki? Can I watch?" Marisa eagerly asked, having never seen Ibaraki fight before. She had noticed the flames that sprouted every time Ibaraki used her magic and physical abilities.

"I'm afraid not, Marisa. If we were seen fighting, we could get into serious trouble," Ibaraki explained, feeling somewhat helpless. Marisa had initially suggested sparring, but Ibaraki had always declined since she knew she would likely lose.

Without the lethality of Ibaraki's fighting style, it would become a rather mundane and uninteresting battle.

"Ehh? Why not?" Marisa asked Ibaraki, feeling sad.

"Because my attacks are non-discriminatory, meaning everyone gets hit, friend or foe," Ibaraki said with a shrug. She thought about creating a move set that would be appropriate in Marisa's world, perhaps something based on the theme of bullets.