Chapter 75

Several days had passed since their successful hot spring project, and Sakura was eagerly anticipating her trip home to the harbor. Marisa had been boasting about their accomplishments, including the creation of the hot spring and the renovations to her home, and Sakura was excited to invite her friends to join her.

However, Sakura was hesitant about inviting Shirou to the trip. Shuten pointed out that it might be awkward for him to be the only male among a group of females, and Sakura reluctantly agreed. Instead, she invited her sister Rin Tohsaka, who initially protested and acted tsundere, but Sakura was able to navigate the situation using what she learned from Ibaraki and eventually convinced Rin to come along.

"So, when is your current guardian going to arrive?" Rin asked impatiently, despite the fact that they had only been waiting for a minute or so.

"If it's Mordred-neechan, she should have arrived by now or be already waiting for us," Sakura said, feeling a little worried that something might have happened to Mordred.

Rin was secretly looking forward to meeting Sakura's new guardians, but she refused to show it. She was only going to meet them because she wanted to ensure Sakura was in good hands, not because she cared about spending time with her or anything like that. And it certainly wasn't because she wanted to enjoy the beach or the hot spring or anything.

"Oh! There it is!" Sakura exclaimed with excitement as she saw a familiar car in her line of sight.

"Wow, that's quite the car," Rin remarked, her eyes widening at the sight of it. "Sakura, your new guardian must be quite well-off to have a car like that."

Sakura smiled and nodded in agreement, "Yes, she is. She's very kind and generous, and she always makes sure that we have everything we need," Sakura replied, feeling grateful for her new guardian's care.

The car came to a stop before them, and the tinted window slowly rolled down, revealing the figure of Shuten disguised as Oda.

"Please, Sakura, come aboard. And, if I'm not mistaken, you are Rin Tohsaka, correct?" Shuten greeted them, offering Sakura a ride and addressing Rin's identity. Rin, startled, quickly regained her composure.

"Uh-huh," Rin responded, her guard up as she sensed a strong magical presence emanating from Shuten. She looked over at Sakura, but couldn't sense any magical energy coming from her.

"Please don't worry, I am also a magus, but we don't have any intention of causing harm," Shuten reassured Rin, aware of her ability to sense magical energy.

"Rin-neechan, please believe me. They're not bad people," Sakura pleaded with a pout, hoping to convince her.

"Relax, Sakura. I'll keep you safe," Rin reassured her as they both settled into the backseat. She adjusted her posture, making sure she was comfortable and ready for the ride.

Shuten couldn't help but think to herself as she observed Rin and Sakura sitting in the back seat, "But Sakura is currently stronger than you, Rin." Despite Rin's magical abilities, Shuten was aware that Sakura possessed a unique talent to completely conceal her magical energy, making her appear as an ordinary civilian.

"Oda-neechan, why didn't Mordred-neechan come with you?" Sakura asked curiously, remembering that Ibaraki was always with them.

"Well, regarding Mordred, she mentioned some important things to tackle today, so it's possible she may end up being late," Shuten explained, remembering Ibaraki's plans for the day. Today was the day Ibaraki intended to confront Altrogue, a True Ancestor, alongside Yukari, and they had been preparing for it for some time now.

"Ehh, really? I had no idea," Sakura responded, sounding genuinely surprised by the news. However, she decided not to dwell on it too much, instead choosing to trust in Ibaraki.