Chapter 48

Business is blooming well as Ibaraki's created clothes are in demand as the Harvest Moon Festival has arrived.

"I didn't think that my creation sold out that fast..."

Ibaraki said in a melancholic tone as She and Shuten are walking around trying the festival foods

"Well... your craftsmanship and clothes quality is very high-quality and it's very affordable so It's not really that surprising you sold out"

Shuten said while trying to cheer up Ibaraki.

"But that took almost 10 months to make it all yet it's gone less than a day, I'm happy but I am also felt sad"

"But I guess I didn't make it for money but for my itching hobby... maybe I have become sentimental seeing those almost every day"

Ibaraki spoke while saying the reason.

"Or maybe you have become so moody because Alice and Marisa decided to go somewhere together?"

Shuten said while looking at Ibaraki with a teasing smug, making Ibaraki look at her and sighed.

"Yes, I mean I don't want to restrict her and she can do whatever she wanted and I know that we are basically meeting each other every day"

"But this is the first time a festival has been held and she isn't with me, I know I'm complaining like a kid that needed attention, but even knowing that, I really wanted her to be with me, you know?"

"It's just... without her, I don't feel the festive mood of the festival"

Shuten nods as she could tell that when Marisa talks she could skillfully make a dull moment liven up like she doesn't run out of topics to talk about.

"Well don't be sad we could still enjoy festivals you know, like that Tsukimi soba!"

Shuten points out a stall that serves noodles and Ibaraki nods as there's nothing much to do in Gensokyo but relax since Ibaraki doesn't like to interfere with the incidents.

They both sit down in the ordinary stall and because they don't wear a disguised since Youkai can go in and out freely as long they wouldn't harm anyone.

Though it's really nice that no one would annoy them.

"Two bowls of Tsukimi udon"

Shuten ordered some food while Ibaraki looks around and saw the village is kind of peaceful.

"What are you thinking about Ibaraki?"

Shuten asked Ibaraki who is spacing out looking at the crowds.

"I... I've been thinking, no, it's more accurate to say this question that appears in my mind sporadically..."

"Do I deserve this peace? Seriously, it's kind of uncomfortable, to say the least, I yearned for this kind of life"

"yet here I am thinking I don't deserve this kind of life... my mind is in constant conflict, guilt, and morals against my wish and want"

"I know the answer yet it kept appearing, it's so annoying"

Ibaraki complained as the server placed down the noodles and she gives two eggs to them

"You knew the answer but do you really believe the answer?"

Shuten questioned Ibaraki making her eyes briefly shined as she let out a chuckle.

"No, I've been get away scoff free, my crimes and wrongdoings has left unpunished"

"I didn't like the taste of it, because one day it will come to bite me back"

"I will probably lose you or Marisa because I take it for granted, I don't want it... I don't like it..."