Chapter 70

Ibaraki and her companions made plans to head out and purchase supplies for their hot spring project. However, before they could leave, Ibaraki paused and took a moment to survey their surroundings.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to sit this one out. Ibaraki sighed in defeat, her words lacking any enthusiasm. She cast a wary glance around her as if expecting to be ambushed by the infamous Yukari at any moment. She couldn't hide the annoyance etched on her face, her eyes narrowing with every passing second. "I swear, that woman is going to be the death of me," she grumbled quietly to herself, her hands balled into fists at her side, helpless to do anything about the situation.

Marisa looked puzzled as she turned to Ibaraki, "How did you know that Yukari was going to snatch you up again?" she asked, her brow furrowed in confusion. But as she turned back to her companions, she realized that Ibaraki was no longer with them. "I guess Ibaraki was right," she said with a helpless shrug.

Shuten chuckled and looked over at Marisa, "It seems like Ibaraki has developed a sixth sense for when Yukari is sneaking up on her," she said with a light-hearted tone. Marisa couldn't help but join in the laughter, the tension from earlier dissipating. "I guess she's become quite perceptive," Marisa added, her tone amused.

Marisa beamed with confidence as she looked over at her friends, "Don't worry, guys. Even if Yukari tries to keep Ibaraki away, I'll always know where she is. I have a sixth sense for that kind of thing," she said with a grin, striking a confident pose. "And if all else fails, I can just fly over to them and give Yukari a piece of my mind," she added, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

Nyx chimed in, "I have that ability too, so don't worry, Marisa. We've got Ibaraki's location covered," she said with a reassuring smile. Shuten felt a bit speechless, not having the same ability as her friends. She pondered for a moment before muttering to herself, "Maybe I could create a curse for tracking?" She then turned to her friends with a curious expression. "Do you think that would be a good idea?" she asked, hoping for their input.

---

Ibaraki found herself suddenly transported to a strange and unfamiliar city. Although there were no humans in sight, she couldn't shake off the eerie familiarity of the place. It reminded her of the day she fought the Dracula Family – the faint smell of blood, the chill of death, and the eerie atmosphere that surrounded her.

"I hope to the heavens that this town isn't Misaki, Yukari," Ibaraki said with a hint of nervousness in her voice. "Please tell me it's not," she pleaded with Yukari, a worried look on her face.

Yukari's smile widened as she watched Ibaraki's expression break. "Oh, dear Ibaraki, you were always so easy to read," she said with a playful tone. "Of course, this town is Misaki. Why else would I bring you here?" she added, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Ibaraki let out an exasperated sigh and pouted, "Ahhh, why do you always do this to me, Yukari?" she whined, looking up at her with a hopeless smile. "Can't we just go back home now?" she added, trying to sound cute and innocent.

Yukari's eyes sparkled mischievously, and she grinned. "Nope~," she said, undeterred by Ibaraki's cute appeal. "We've only just arrived, and I have many more surprises in store for you," she added, her tone playful yet cryptic.

Ibaraki plopped down on the ground, giving up on life. "I don't know anymore, Yukari. You always manage to surprise me. If I were human, I would have died of a heart attack because of you," she said with a deadpan expression before letting out a small laugh.

Yukari chuckled, blocking her face with a fan. "My~ I think you're giving me too much credit, Ibaraki," she said with a teasing tone. "But I do appreciate the compliment," she added with a smirk, her eyes glinting mischievously behind her fan.