Chapter 44

The fight is very intense, and it seemed like the fight would never end.

Marisa and the Oni are very tough. The Oni shrug off Marisa's attacks, and Marisa just s the Oni's attacks.

It seemed like a never-ending wave of bullets that kept swerving at each other until the Oni got bigger, which made Marisa smile.

Since she is a bigger target than her small form, the Oni think she messed up when Marisa grabbed her mini-Hakkero that is shining brightly.

The entire surroundings have been blinded by its light, as a roar accompanies a large beam of dazzling laser.

Ibaraki and Shuten are on opposite sides of the battle. Shuten is holding back Ibaraki.

"See! There's no need to worry, Marisa defeated her"

Shuten is calming Ibaraki down. Making Ibaraki wearing an expression of 'What the f**k are you saying' towards Shuten.

Shuten looks at the ground and sees a giant metal cylinder.

"Ahh... wow... I mean... it's not me..."

Ibaraki said while trying to lie, but her expression seemed a bit uncomfortable, so she sighed and tell the truth.

"This is only for emergencies. If Marisa is going to get hurt, I will make sure to pay them back ten times as much pain"

"Of course, I will do the same if you were in danger"

Her remarks make Shuten's heart warms up.

"Fine, but you should hide that cannon"

Ibaraki opened her palms and the cannon became embers that gathered on her hand. The embers became an ordinary-looking fire, and she closed her palms to make the fire go out.

"Well, I guess let's meet our kin"

Ibaraki excitedly exclaimed, but then she grabbed Shutens hands after seeing Yukari with them.

"Um... Stella, let's go home, I'm not feeling well for today"

Ibaraki whispered to Stella, who got confused by the sudden change.

Ibaraki's expression suddenly became ghastly as Yukari perked up as she looked in their direction.

She runs faster than a leaf hitting the ground, and Yukari smiles, making the unknown Oni think she is crazy.

Yukari suddenly opens a portal and grabs something inside of it.

"Unhand me! Shuten help me!!"

She effortlessly caught Ibaraki who is running away and she restrained her with a single hand.

"Ugh! Why are you so strong despite looking so delicate?!"

Ibaraki dejectedly let herself hang midair as Yukari grabs the neck of her innerwear.

"Ohh! I've been watching you and your friend for days now and I'm sure I haven't seen you two before."

The Oni said wonderingly, as she can't recognize them despite being kin.

Ibaraki looked at the short Oni and said truthfully.

"Well, we were supposed to be already dead years ago, but a god decided to revive us, quite odd if I say so myself"

Ibaraki said offhandedly while trying her best to get away from Yukari.

"That's quite a powerful one if they could revive someone dead"