Chapter 38

[Ibaraki]

After the psychological torture by Yukari, we got back home.

"I'm not sure if I fully understand Yukari's explanation, Sofie."

I look at Stella with intensity and contemplation.

And all I could think is what if I do it right here, right now, is to push her on the bed

"Were you able to understand it, Sofie?"

"Yes"

"But what she is saying is untrue."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention because I was thinking about inappropriate things. Could you please repeat the topic?"

She looked flustered and had a blush on her face. I took a deep breath and tried to put out the fire inside me.

"We can do it later... What I'm saying is"

"The grail was a fake because if it had been forgotten, it would have been just an ordinary chalice."

"Yet it could grant your wish, which is simple, but it works."

"Also we could sense where is the grail, but I could only sense that it's an item with magical power not the gr"

I am upset that I am focusing on eating ice cream and forgetting that I am dealing with a sly entity.

I need to recall any tidbits and summarize them, so I can come up with a conclusion.

----------------

"I'm sorry, the only thing I could think of was the taste of the dark forest."

Stella looks at me and groans quietly. And she went on to speak.

"But if it's fake, why would she do that?"

One thing I know from living here is that powerful entities are looking for amusement.

"Probably she thought 'it will be nice to see their reactions' or something in that regard"

I hug Stella right away because I have a bad feeling after I say that.

However, I suddenly felt something soft, which is definitely not Stella, since this one is rather large.

"You are such a good girl, Ibaraki, or should I say Sofia?"

Stella and I talk to each other, so it's natural that she knows my real name. Since she eavesdropped due to my mistake of letting my guard down, it's my fault.

"What is it that you want, Yakumo?"

I make sure to go to an appropriate distance from her, and as expected, we are currently inside of her world.

I'm not sure if I could come out alive here, but since the flame is still burning brightly, I can say that I'm not going down easily.

"Ehh? Just call me Yukari."

"What do you want from me, Yukari?"

"Since you guessed it right, I will give you a prize."

Prize? Is this a game?

Before I knew it, she was already in front of me and I tried to break the chains inside of me.

However, she reached out and embraced me, as her face blocked my vision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Shuten]