37

Jimin stared. "Wh-what are you doing here, Cho?"

Cho smiled. "You never replied to my text, so I wanted to come over and see you."

"You remembered where I live?" Jimin blinked. 

"Come on, let's go inside and talk more." Cho grabbed the small boy's hand and pulled him to the door. 

Jimin let himself get tugged along, remembering all the times this happened before, when they were dating. His phone buzzed in his pocket with a new text.

Cho led them to the bedroom and shut the door behind them. "So, where were you after school today? I asked if you wanted to hang out, but you never responded. Were you with that Jungkook guy?"

Jimin sat on his bed gingerly. "Uh, I.... had to make up a test... for a class." He pulled out his phone as an excuse to not have a look at Cho.

It was from Jungkook. 

Hey, Seokjin is over and Namjoon is coming to talk. Did u want to stop by? things ended pretty weird and I want to make everything normal again 

Jimin bit his lip. He didn't want to see Namjoon, really. But he definitely didn't want to be alone with Cho.

Jimin: can u guys come to my house?

Jimin: like, now?

Jungkook: oh, sure, if that's easier for you! We'll be right over! 

Jimin sighed, but it was cut short when his phone was suddenly taken out of his hands and tossed away. 

"Hey!" Jimin exclaimed. 

"Can't you pay attention to me?" Cho sighed. "I came all this way and waited for you even though you blew me off, you could at least act like I'm not being a burden to you by caring about you." 

Jimin bit his lip. "I didn't blow you off-" 

"Then where were you and why didn't you answer me?" Cho frowned. 

"I told you I was busy doing school stuff." Jimin insisted. "I just didn't check my phone for a few hours was all, is that so hard to believe?"

Cho rolled his eyes. "What kind of teenager doesn't check their phone for hours on end? You would have to be, like, physically tied up to go that long without checking it!" 

Jimin deadpanned at the camera like Jim from the office. 

"If you don't want to hang out with me, just say so." Cho sighed. 

"I don't want to hang out with you." Jimin said firmly. 

Cho blinked, like he hadn't expected that. "What?" 

"We broke up for a reason, Cho." Jimin said, rising from the bed. He didn't know when but somehow, he had grown the same height as his ex. Or maybe they just had always been the same height but Jimin always just felt small under Cho's stare. 

Cho glared. "Seriously? After all I've done for you? Do you know much language lessons cost nowadays? And I was going to give you them for free!" He shook his head. "Not to mention all the gas I've been wasted driving your ungrateful ass around." 

Jimin wanted to argue, but he knew Cho would never understand. Cho always win arguments, even if Jimin was 100% right and Cho was 100% wrong. 

"I think you should just leave." Jimin didn't back down. 

Cho regarded him for a moment.  Then he grinned. "So, my little Chimmy did a little growing up while I've been away, huh?" 

He cooed, as if Jimin was a baby who was insisting he was a big boy. He patted Jimin's hair. "Cute. You really had me going there for a minute. I'll give you that. But I'm back now so there's no need to pretend you're capable of anything anymore. You can be yourself again, Chimmy. I'll take care of everything for you now, why don't you slip into subspace for me, and we can pick up where we left off, hmm?"