3

His baby came in the form of a red vintage Ford Mustang

His baby came in the form of a red vintage Ford Mustang. There were even a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear-view mirror. It looked like a movie prop.

The seats creaked when we sat down on the pristine leather. Abel seemed overly happy as he turned the engine on, and it roared.

"Purrs like a kitten, right?" he asked almost gleefully. "Please keep paws and tails inside the car at all times."

I sent him a bit of a dead glare, but he didn't seem to notice as he turned the music on. Jazz flowed out through the speakers, and he bopped his head along with the rhythm.

"I didn't take you for a jazz man," I said.

Abel smiled. "I love jazz. It's a wild genre. No boundaries, just creativity."

I didn't know what to say to that, so I just listened along to his music. It was alright. Not like the kind of jazz where four people are all playing their own song at the same time. There was actual rhythm, and the singer was alright too. I could get into this.

"It's on the right here," I said and pointed out at my house.

"Woah, dude. Nice house!" He stepped out of the car and tipped his sunglasses up, maybe to get a better look. He dropped them back on the bridge of his nose and smiled at me.

"Thanks." I took two steps at a time up the stairs leading to a small porch that could room a swinging bench and not much else. My hands shook as I unlocked the door and stepped inside. I looked back over my shoulder waiting for Abel to come inside too.

"Uh, you need to invite me in. Can't just go inside other people's homes without it." He shrugged a little, his hands buried in his pockets.

"Oh, so that's also a real thing. Right. Uhm, I formally invite you in."
He snorted and stepped over the threshold. "Thanks." He shrugged off his jacket and hung it on the coatrack and then kicked off his pristine sneakers. He certainly had great style. Much better than mine. The jacket was in this dark army-green colour. Underneath it he wore a black tight t-shirt and a pair of very well-fitting black jeans. The only really colourful thing on him were his socks. They were rainbow coloured. It was really cute.

"So, I haven't fully moved in yet. Still missing some boxes and stuff, but I've got all the furniture in place at least." I made a pretty unenthusiastic wave towards the combined living room and kitchen. Right in front of the door was a staircase that led upstairs to the bedroom and bathroom. A small house, but it was perfect for me.

And Dave.

He was lounging on the couch, barely even lifting his head as he greeted me with a cute 'woof'.

"Who's this?" Abel asked and knelt down in front of the couch, running his hand over Dave's head.

"That's Dave."

"Dave? That's such a... Human name," he laughed and scratched my dog behind his ear.

"It's the only thing he'd react to when I got him as a puppy. Tried a lot of names, but he chose Dave." I shrugged and looked down at my phone, ordering some pizzas for us. "Pepperoni okay?"