25

Abel had been cooking and made the most delicious dinner at his house

Abel had been cooking and made the most delicious dinner at his house. Popped open a bottle of wine that went well with the meal too. It was like after meeting his dad, he had no restraint when it came to food. He wanted to cook everything for me and honestly, who was I to deny him that? I selflessly let him cook and I selflessly ate it all.

Selflessly.

We were in bed, watching telly after dinner. Abel's place had tellies in almost every room. Alright there were like three rooms, the kitchen/living room/dining room, the bathroom and the bedroom, but even the bathroom had a small television in the shower.

I had my head on his chest, my fingers sliding over his stomach and ribs. Ridiculous how soft his skin was. I wished mine was this soft. Maybe it was a vampire thing. Maybe they were just born with soft skin. Like a genetic thing. He'd probably reply with some shellfish fact if I asked. Which was ridiculously cute.

"I'm hot," I said and sat up.

"Yeah, you are," Abel chuckled.

"You idiot," I laughed and shook my head. "I meant I'm warm. Like sweating. And I wanna take my shirt off."

"Hey, I'm not gonna protest to you getting more naked. Ever."

I loved how he was so casual about me not being casual at all about this. It was like I had taken my shirt off in front of him a million times already, and it made me feel very secure.

I grabbed the hem and lifted it over my head, throwing it at the messy chair that already housed some discarded clothing.

Abel moved his arm so I could lay down on his chest again. He didn't even comment on anything about it all. I didn't know how much I had wanted it to just be a normal thing. For me to take my shirt off.

Abel's fingers ran over my arm and shoulder, and it soothed me. He continued to watch the dumb reality show we had gotten hooked on, his fingers absentmindedly running over my skin.

"I swear these ladies go on a trip every season and then they act all surprised when they start fighting," Abel said then.

I snorted and nodded, moving a little closer to him, slinging my leg over his. We watched the dumb reality tv-show in silence for a good while, before Abel's fingers stilled.

"Hey, Gael, when your shirt is off, can I touch your chest or nah?"

I mulled that over for a bit. "I think you can touch if my shirt is off."

"Right, I just wanted to know before I like... Dive in."

I looked up and snorted. He smiled back. "You wanna dive in?"

"God, are you serious? All the time, Gael, like literally all the time."

I chuckled, sat up and took a deep breath. "Alright, you want me to explain what is what?"