5

"My homework load is insane for a first year master's," Abel muttered, looking up from his laptop

"How much do you have?" I asked and rubbed my eye.

He looked back down at his laptop and quickly scanned a page. "Like... Four essays. All four needs to be between ten and twenty-thousand words. Like what is up with that?"

"Obviously, they did it to make you suffer."

He snorted and rubbed both of his eyes. "I'm already exhausted and I've only finished one so far."

"Wanna take a break?" I asked and stretched my arms above my head.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. Wanna go to mine?"

We had been studying in the library. It was nice and quiet, and the chairs were quite comfy. Not to mention, the free Wi-Fi was a definite bonus. But I hadn't been at Abel's yet and I really wanted to see how he lived, so I immediately agreed.

Abel's home was really nice. As in, 'it looked like it came out of a catalogue' nice. It was a remodelled factory building that now had four flats in it, so big industrial windows, exposed brick walls, metal sliding doors and the best addition: hardwood floors. The kitchen and living room, was in one big spacious room with metal beams all over the ceiling.

The furniture fit so well, too. He had this plank dinner table, paired with wooden chairs covered in sheep's furs. Exposed giant light bulbs hung above the table. I wanted to marry this place.

"So uhm, I'm hungry," Abel said and got a little fidgety with his shirt.

"I could eat." I shrugged a shoulder.

"No, I... Gotta feed. I can go into another room or something if it freaks you out, but I kind of need to pour it into a cup and heat it in the microwave."

I had absolutely no idea what the hell he was talking about, and it was apparently written all over my face because he continued.

"Blood, Gael. I need blood."

He walked over to the stainless-steel fridge and opened it, showing me the inside. There was a whole shelf filled with blood bags. Other than that, there was a sixpack of beers, some fizzy drinks and what looked to be chocolate snacks.

"I get them from donors. Like it's an underground thing happening. Real established." He took out a bag and showed it to me. O positive.

"Alright. Get some... Blood. Food?" I glanced up at him.

"Food is good." He smiled that really cute smile and went to a drawer, getting a scissor and opening the bag. He poured the blood into a mug with puppies on it. Puppies in a basket.

He popped the puppy mug in the microwave and then turned to me.

"You don't have to drink it in another room, by the way," I said before he could say something. "It's your place. And a couple of weeks ago I woke up with my head stuck in half a deer. So, this is mild to me."