35

Creek's tongue stuck out of the corner of his mouth as he finished the design on my cast

Creek's tongue stuck out of the corner of his mouth as he finished the design on my cast. They had taken it upon themselves to decorate it so it wouldn't be as noticeable. Don't know how they thought this would make it less noticeable. I was now sporting a cast with flowers and trees on it. And he had drawn a wolf on it too. It was funny and I liked it. Made it all a little less serious.

"Aaaand there." Creek straightened his back and smiled down at his handiwork. "Now no one will notice the cast, only the sick artwork on it."

"It's like it's not even broken at all," Fred muttered and pushed a terrible tuk-tuk coffee towards me.

"I like it," I said and smiled at Creek. "Better than it just being white. Boring colour."

"White is a pigment, not a colour," Fred pointed out and rolled her eyes.

"It's technically a shade." Creek winked at her.

"Nerds," Abel said and gently grabbed my cast, turning my arm to look at all the designs. "I wonder if cast-art is a thing."

"It should be. I'd be so well-paid," Creek chuckled and shoved one of the strings on their hoodie in their mouth.

"You will be once you graduate and get all the best animator jobs," I said.

Creek smiled that full face smile he had inherited from his mum. So cute.

"It'd be nice, but I'm not counting on it. Besides, it'd mean I'd probably have to leave town, and honestly, I'm not sure I want to, you know? This is home."

"Find a company that allows remote work," I suggested. "Then you wouldn't have to leave, nor give up a dream about being an animator."

"Not bad, wolf-boy." They winked at me, but they couldn't wink with just one eye, so instead they blinked... At me.

Dork.

Doing assignments with my right hand in a cast wasn't exactly the easiest

Doing assignments with my right hand in a cast wasn't exactly the easiest. I decided to just try and make the best of it and make a project about it all. It was the best I could do under the circumstances and my tutor agreed. So, I was doing everything I could with my right hand, and when it started hurting too much or there was something I simply couldn't do, I'd use my left.