31

He's running and running

He's running and running. He usually doesn't run this much, but this time it seems he has a mission. He's running in a big circle, almost encapsulating the area he has claimed as his. His territory. Don't know why he'd need to do that, but he was starting to feel very protective of the little yellow house. Isn't his house, but he feels like it was. And maybe it is, sort of. He shares it, obviously, but he doesn't mind that. He also knows the forest is wholly his. He spreads his scent, marks his territory, hunts rabbits. The occasional deer that hadn't been observant enough to know a wolf roamed this part of the woods.

And he knows he has to do this. There are things in these woods. Things he doesn't want anywhere near the little yellow house.

 Things he doesn't want anywhere near the little yellow house

My face was agony. A throbbing started around my eyes and ran over my cheekbones, going into my teeth. It was hard to even think when the throbbing just continued on and on.

"Here, love," Abel said softly, handing me an icepack wrapped in a towel.

I put it on my face.

"And I've got some painkillers too. Don't know if they're the right ones... I never take them myself."

"You don't get headaches?" I asked and removed the icepack, taking the pills and the glass of water from him.

"No, can't say that I do. I mean, I can, if I don't feed for long enough. But then a couple of painkillers won't help. Only blood."

"Thank fuck, painkillers work wonders on me." I took some water in my mouth and then popped the pills in, swallowing both water and pills. I laid back on the sofa and put the ice on my face. Abel lifted my legs and put them in his lap, massaging them gently. It helped distract me from the absolute misery I was in.

"Will it always hurt this much?" he asked then.

"It doesn't always. Sometimes it's a little better than other times. This time it's really bad."

"Does it help to talk about it?"

I smiled under the icepack and nodded.

"Describe the pain."