12

He's running like a maniac again

He's running like a maniac again. Always running around with literally no goal, other than running because he loves the freedom of the forest. He's annoying. He smells. The way his tongue hangs out of his mouth when he runs is ridiculous and he looks ridiculous.

He caught a rabbit and was stupidly proud of himself. He loves how the tiny bones crunches between his teeth and how easy it has become to hunt after we moved here. In the beginning he was bad but he's getting better.

He's not the one who has to deal with the aftermath though.

I threw up again and groaned as my stomach clenched, trying to get the remnants of the wolf's breakfast out of my body

I threw up again and groaned as my stomach clenched, trying to get the remnants of the wolf's breakfast out of my body. At least this wasn't happening again until tonight, so I had a full day to relax and regain some strength. One more night and I'd be free for another month.

Abel handed me a glass of water and I gratefully took it, rinsing out my mouth. He had been so nice. Used his days off to be at my place, look after Dave, brought Gary too so she wouldn't be alone in his flat. He had also cleaned the house while I had been out running in the forest.

"You feeling better?" he asked and took the glass back from me, refilling it from the bathroom sink.

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted. Why does he have to eat? Can't he just run around and be content with that?" I leaned back against the wall, pulling my legs up and resting my elbows on my knees, pressing my fingers to my eyes.

"I mean, if he's hungry..."

"I always eat before the shift, hoping he won't get hungry. And to be honest, I don't think he's hungry. I think he just likes hunting rabbits." I removed my fingers from my eyes and looked up at Abel. "Probably knows I get super sick from it and enjoys making me ill."

Abel snorted a little and held his hand out, offering me it to get off the floor. I gratefully grabbed it and let him haul me up.

"What do you wanna do?" He put his arm around my shoulders and steered me back into the living room. Dave had taken up one sofa, leaving the other for us.

"Honestly, just take a good ol' nap, I think."

"We can definitely do that," Abel said and dumped down on the sofa, turning on the telly. "Will the sound bother you?"