30

I closed and locked the door, putting a baseball bat by it, just in case

I closed and locked the door, putting a baseball bat by it, just in case. Not sure how much it'd do against other supernaturals, but it helped settle my nerves a bit at least. Abel came up behind me, gently putting his arms around me.

"When do you think they'll do the spells?" I asked, stroking my fingers over his arm.

He snorted "You and magic, man."

"It's cool, alright?" I turned around and put my hands on his hips. "Like we know someone who can do genuine real magic. Actual magic. It's beyond cool."

He chuckled and bent down, kissing my forehead. "Am I not cool enough for you?"

"You are, but this is magic."

"Not so long ago you thought my eyesight was really cool."

I laughed and pulled him into a hug. "It's still incredibly cool."

"Also, you turn into a wolf. That's pretty magical too." I felt his voice vibrate through his body.

"But it's not magic. This is like... Spells. Wands. Big leather-bound books!"

"They don't use wands, you dork," Abel laughed and pulled back putting his palms to my cheeks. "You'll see magic soon enough. Besides, you've not seen everything I can do."

"What else can you do?"

He let go of my face and went to the couch, dropping down on it. "So many questions, and so little time."

"Little time? What are you on about?" I sat down next to him, and he put his arm around me.

I turned on the telly and opened one of the many streaming services I subbed to.

"I just like to be dramatic." He chuckled and shrugged.

"And you laugh at me for being dramatic about magic." I poked him in the side, and he flinched. I knew he was ticklish there.

"It's cute, Gael. Ridiculously cute."

Fred and her mum probably didn't find it cute

Fred and her mum probably didn't find it cute. I followed them around like a little puppy, as they did their wards on my house. Fred walked around outside the house, murmuring in a language I didn't understand. She pricked her finger, smearing her blood on the stone foundation of my little yellow house. I wanted to ask so many questions, but Fred had already shushed me twice. Abel just chuckled from the porch, watching me alternate between Fred and her mum. It was just so fascinating to watch. Actual real magic! On my house!