Escape

I wasn't sure how long it had been but I woke up, I was covered up and unhandcuffed from the bed. I sighed looking at my wrist rubbing them. The room was dark as was outside. I sat up and looked around the room as well as I could but didn't see anything. I turned on the lamp on the nightstand and didn't see anything but an empty room. I sighed and worked on getting out of bed, my legs were weak and hurt from the cuts and constantly being spread open. I felt like I had been rammed into more that just the one time but I was out or possibly blocked it out. I went into the bathroom to my full-length mirror to survey the damage to my body and I just cried. The cuts, the bite marks, the bruises...I never thought Lloyd would go this far. I took a quick shower to get all the dried blood off of me and I then got dressed in a sweater and a pair of jeans. I quietly checked my bedroom door and saw it was unlocked so I walked down to Lloyds room and saw him sleeping in bed. I sighed and quietly closed his door. I needed to make my move and make it now. I quietly rushed back to my room and quickly packed a suitcase, something small and light. I then ran downstairs as quietly as I could and went into Lloyd's office, it had to be here somewhere. I started going through his desk drawers and finally found it in box, my passport and ID. I grabbed that and the cash I saw sitting in the desk drawer. I sighed seeing a pen and paper sitting on his desk. I saw in his chair looking at the paper. I started writing a letter.

-Ransom,

I know you are away right now and I'm not sure when you will get this letter but please know I wish I could have said goodbye to your face but I didn't have that option. I had to go Ransom. Something happened after you left to work that I can't stay around for. Once I finally get settled and know what I'm going to do I'll send you a letter to the PO box in town. Felix knows the box. I'll miss you.

Love,

Your Kitten-

I re-read the letter twice and sighed. I put it in an envelope and ran upstairs sliding it under Ransom's bedroom door. I quickly checked on Lloyd again and fast asleep. I knew we head at least 2 guards still at the house and one would be willing to take me where I needed to go. I walked outside and saw him standing by the door.

"Alex..." I said and he saw me.

"Hey, I didn't know you were here. Haven't seen you for a couple of days." Alex said and I nodded.

"Yeah, had the flu, stayed in bed. Listen, can you take me to the airport?" I asked and he nodded walking to the SUV.

"Does Mr. Hansen know about this?" Alex asked as I got in the car. I looked up to his bedroom window, it was still dark and I was thankful he didn't wake up.

"No and it stays that way. You never saw me Alex." I said and he nodded. We quickly drove away and headed to the airport. I got out of the car, hugged Alex and ran inside. I knew where I was going, just had to get there.

🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡

I had the cab drop me off and I walked up the walkway to the front door and I knocked. When the door opened I smiled.

"Hey mom." I said and she pulled me into a tight hug and I tried not to wince in pain. "Easy please." I said and she sighed releasing me.

"What happened to you?" Rita, my mother asked seeing my face and I sighed as we walked in the house.

"Can you just know that I'm safe now and that's all that matters?" I asked and she nodded. We sat on the couch and I just cuddled into my mom since I had missed her so much and I just needed some comfort.

"I missed you so much. The letters were nice but I thought we were going to be able to skype when you took this job." Rita said.

"Yeah I did too but I worked for a man who was very paranoid. It's okay now though because I am here and will you." I said and she smiled. It had just been my mom and I since I was about 5. My father left and my mom never remarried, we were fine though and I had an amazing childhood. That's why it was hard for me when I left home to go to Croatia to work for Lloyd but she wanted me to see the world. I didn't know with seeing the world it would mean being cut off from everyone I knew. I sighed when she got up.

"Why don't you go get settled in your room and I will make you something to eat. You look like you could use something." She said and I smiled.

"Thanks mom." I said and grabbed my bag and headed to my room. I smiled seeing it hasn't changed much from the last time I was here 2 years ago. I laid on my bed and just starred at the ceiling. I wasn't sure what was going on but my fear was Lloyd now knew I was missing and I was scared what that meant for me.