chapter 7- hurt.

TW SH
We get to the school and start looking around for rocks we can use for the slingshot.
"How about this one?" Mike asks, showing us a rock.
"Too big for the sling. So, you think eleven was like born with her power like the X-Men? Or do you think she acquired them like the green lantern?" Dustin says.
"She's not a superhero, she's a weirdo." Lucas says.
"What does that matter? The X-Men were weirdos!"
"If you love her so much why don't you just marry her?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Mike, seriously?"
"What?"
"It does seem like you have a crush on her, just saying." I say.
"Yeah! You look at her all like hi El! El! El! El! I love you so much will you marry me?"
"Shut up Lucas!"
"Yeah, shut up Lucas! -the unoriginal school bully says.- what are you losers doing back here?"
"Probably looking for their missing friend." His friend says.
I can't believe he actually said that i swear to God i should punch him in the nuts.
"That's not funny! It's serious."
"Yeah, he's probably in danger you fucking dickhead!" I say.
"I hate to break it to you toothless and fag, but he's not in danger. He's dead. At least that's what my dad says. He says he was probably killed by some other queer." He says making fun of us.
I feel my eyes get filled with tears but i don't dare to let them fall.
"C'mon, just ignore them." Mike says as he starts walking away but he gets tripped by them wich makes him fall to the ground.
"Why don't you look where your going frog face?"
"You alright?"
"Yeah.."
"Hey.. how about this one?" Dustin says holding a rock.
"Yeah."
"Yeah?"
"This is it!"
"Oo yeah. Yeah this is the monster killer!"
"Hey um.. guys I'll be right back, ill meet you at our next class ok?" I say.
"Oh, ok."
"Y/n, are you ok? You know.. it's not true what they said." Dustin says.
"Yeah.. i know."
After that i go to the bathroom and lock myself in a stall.
Once i lock it i let the tears fall and i sit down on the floor as my mind goes to the worst possible places.
What if he's badly hurt? Or worse, what if he's dead?!? I can't loose him! He is the person i most care about in the world. It's not fair, he shouldn't be missing i should have gone missing not him.. maybe if i had biked with will to his house he would still be here.. i don't deserve to be here while he's God now's where. This is so stupid y/n! I mean he's missing and instead of looking for him right now I'm sat here crying. He shouldn't be hurt.. im the one that should..
I grab the sharpener from my bag and get it's razorblade. Then, i slide it down my wrist. I create 10 cuts and i only stop because I'm gonna get blood everywhere. I get up, clean the cuts and head back to my friends.
After a while we all bike to where we told El to wait for us.
We get there and see her standing there waiting.
"El! You ok? -mike says to her, she nods yes.- hop on. We only have a few hours."
She does as he says and we get on our way.
It's been a while and now were all walking a bit and holding our bikes in silence. I always liked the silence, when you only hear the birds and wind.. it's peaceful.
"Why did they hurt you?" Eleven says to Mike.
"What?"
She points at a bruise on his arm.
"Oh right.. i just um, fell at recess."
"Mike.."
"Yeah?"
"Friends tell the truth."
"I was tripped by this mouth breather, troy ok?"
"Mouth breather?"
"Yeah, you know.. dumb person. I don't know why I didn't just tell you, everyone in school knows. I guess i just didn't want you to think i was such a wastoid, you know?"
"Mike.."
"Yeah?"
"I understand."
"Oh.. cool."
I see Dustin and Lucas give eachother a look mocking mike wich makes me laugh and our trip carrys on.
After a bit eleven stops walking.
"Here." She says.
"Yeah, this is where will lives.."
"Hiding.."
"Nono eleven. This is where he lives, he's missing from here! Understand?" I say as the little bit of patience i had runs out.
"What are we doing here?" Lucas asks.
"She said he's hiding here."
"Um.. no!"
"I swear if we walked all the way out here for nothing-" Dustin says.
"That's exactly what we did! I told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about!"
"Why did you bring us here?"
"Mike, don't waste your time with her."
"What do you wanna do then?"
"Call the cops like we should have done yesterday!"
"We are not calling the cops!"
"He guys.."
"What other choice do we have?"
"GUYS!" Dustin yells getting our attention.
We all look and see a bunch of police sirens approaching.
"Will.."
"Fuck! What happened? Did they find him?" I say as i grab the nearest bike and Speedrun after them.
As I'm speeding i can't help but get this pit in my stomach telling me something was wrong..
I get near them and stop, hiding behind a truck. Then, the others catch up to me sense i was going really fast. I see something being dragged out of the water by one of those medical things. Is.. that will?
"It's not will.. it can't be." Mike says.
"Its will.. it's really will.." Lucas says.
" Nononono i- it can't be! That's not him it's not him plea- please tell me it's not real!" I say between sobs as i feel my body giving in and me falling on my knees while all i can feel is my heart beating and all i can hear is buzzing.. it can't be him.. i love him..
Dustin comes op to me and hugs me while he starts to tear up. He helps me get up and we take a few steps back.
"Mike.."
"Mike? Mike what?" He yells at her.
"Y- YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP US FIND HIM ALIVE! YOU SAID HE WAS ALIVE!! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LIE TO US? WHY DID YOU GIVE ME HOPE?! What's wrong with you?!" I scream.
"I.."
"What?" Mike says and after he gets no response he goes away, biking to his home.
"Mike c'mon don't do this man.." Lucas says.
"Mike, where are you going? Mike!"
"I'm going home."
He leaves and now it's just us four.
"I can't do this.." i say as i also start to leave.
"Y/n wait.."
"We get it.. bu-"
"I'm sorry but you don't understand.. will.. i l-loved him and now he's gone ok? I was.. am in love with him and now he's gone forever! And I'm the one that should be dead not him ok? He didn't deserve that.."
They both stare at me in shock and pity and let me go home.
I know they dont deserve that but i had to get away from everything.. everyone.