chapter 33- asshole.

It's the next day and me, Lucas and Mike wake up to will putting this loud music on for some reason.
We jump up now awake from the sudden sound and look over at him. Will is dressed as his dnd character 'will the wise' with the game board ready for us to play.
"What are you doing?" Lucas asks.
"Yeah will, can you turn down the music?" Mike says.
"Please address me by my full name."
"What?"
"My full name!"
"Oh my god, ok. Will the wise, can you please turn the music down?"
"That isn't music. That.. is the sound of destiny. I have seen into the future and I've seen that today is a new day. A day... Free of girls!"
"Honestly i don't mind that." I say with a tired chuckle.
"What is happening right now?"
"Will, come on.."
"A tribe if villagers are under threat from an evil force from the swamps of kuzatan."
"Will it's so early."
"Is it? Is it early Michael? Tell that to the villagers crying for you to help. The children so frightened they cannot sleep. Are you truly going to let them perish? Or are you going to come to their rescue and became the heroes you were always meant to be?"
"Uh.. can i at least take a shower first?"
Lucas takes a shower and then we start playing the game. It's now getting dark outside and were still hanging out playing the game. Mike and Lucas aren't really into it but i have to admit I've missed our dnd sessions.
"Do you hear that? It's sounds like.. thunder. But no, wait! That's not thunder. It's.. a horde of juju zombies! Sir mike, your action." Will narrates.
"What should I do?" Mike asks Lucas.
"Attack?" He says.
"Ok i attach with my flail."
"Whoosh! You miss. Your flail clanks the stone, the zombie horde lumbers towards you and.. the juju bites your arm. Flesh tears! Seven points of damage."
"Oh no, my arm. Lucas look at my arm." Mike says sarcastically.
Lucas laughs a bit at his actions.
"Sir Lucas, the zombie horde roars! Do you fight back? Or do you run? -will gets interrupted by the phone ringing.- no! It's a distraction! A trap! Do not awnser it! -the boys get up and run to the phone.- what.. no!"
I can tell will is upset with them and he just want them to acknowledge he's here so i get a little worried. I know he misses how things used to be.. i do to. But the guys are changing and i understand both sides. But with what will went through i bet he just wants things to be normal again.
"El? No.. sorry not interested. Telemarketers."
"Maybe we should just call them."
"We can do that?"
"I think so."
"Yeah but what would we say?"
"Well say nothing! The khuisar tribe still needs your help!" Will says visibly irritated.
"Alright, then. I'll use my torch to set fire to the chambers, sacrificing ourselves, killing the juju's and saving the khuisar. we all live on as heroes in the memories of the kalamar."
"Victory." Lucas says while they high five.
"Maybe we can continue this later when they're more in the mood-" i try to say but get interrupted by will.
"Okay. Fine. You guys win. Congratulations." He says packing his stuff.
"Will-"
"Will i was just messing around. Hey we'll finish it for real. How much longer is the campaign?"
"Just forget it mike!"
"No, you want to keep playing right?" He asks us
"I do."
"Y- yeah totally!"
"Well just call the girls afterwards."
"I said forget it mike, ok?! I'm going home."
"But.."
"C'mon will-"
"Move!" He says walking up the stairs and out of the house.
Me and Mike follow him.
"Will come on. You can't leave it's raining."
"You could get hurt."
"Listen i said i was sorry alright? It's a cool campaign. It's really cool. We're just not in the mood right now."
"Yeah mike. That's the problem. You guys are never in the mood anymore. You're ruining our party."
"That's not true!"
"Really? Where's Dustin right now? See? You don't know and you don't even care. And obviously he doesn't either and i don't blame him! You're destroying everything and for what? So you can swap spit with some stupid girl?"
"El is not stupid! It's not my fault you don't like girls! I'm not trying to be a jerk ok? But we're not kids anymore. I mean what did you really think? That we were never have girlfriends? That were just gonna sit in my basement all day and play games for the rest of our lives?"
"Yeah... I guess i did. I really did.." will gets on his bike and starts biking to his house.
"Will-"
"Will come on!"
"What was that mike?!"
"What?"
"What's your problem? Why did you treat will like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like shit! You were being a total asshole all day with Lucas."
"We were just not in the mood-"
"Did you even stop to think that other people who aren't you have shit going on in their lives too? I get it. It's hard getting dumped and you still like her but you're not the only one having a hard time right now. Did you ever stop to think that after everything that happened last year will wants to have a normal day with his friends? I mean it doesn't seem like a big deal to you but it was for him. Lately all you do is ignore him. Didn't you think that would affect him too?"
"Why are you making me be the bad guy here?"
"I'm not trying to make you the bad guy. I understand where your coming from but you were really mean to him today."
"Look, I'm sorry but I'm not going to take advise from you right now."
"What does that mean?"
"I mean, you're talking about my life and how I'm handling things but you also can't handle things well. I mean at least i don't cut myself!"
"Wait what? What are you talking about? Y/n wouldn't do that. Right?" Lucas asks standing outside the front door.
Great. Now Lucas knows. I can't seem do cover it up as well as i thought. Why even bother anymore. I push back the tears so i don't cry Infront of them and decide to grab my bike and look for will.
"Shit.. y/n i didn't mean that."
I don't respond i just start biking to wills house to see if he's ok.
"Y/n, come back here it's raining!"
I push my emotions to the side and decide to just look for him. I could tell he was upset these past days.
I get to wills house but no one's there. I decide to go home thinking he went to where his mom works or something bit i see a trail from a bike in the mud leading to the back of the house. I drop my bike and follow it thinking maybe that's where will went.
I end up at castle byers only to see it's now all broken and torn apart. I hear someone crying and see will near the house kneeled on the ground crying. The sight of him so sad physically hurts me.
"Will.. are you ok?" I softly say as i walk over to him.
He looks at me with a surprised face and tries to wipe the tears away.
"Y- yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me."
"I'm really sorry about today. And Mike was a total asshole to you at the end.."
"It's not your fault. I should've known things would change."
I go over to him and give him a hug. He stays still at first but quickly melts into the hug.
I hear him crying a bit still.
"It's ok will. You can trust me."
"I know.. thanks y/n."
He pulls away from the hug and we lock eye contact. I see his eyes land on my lips for a few seconds wich made me blush. We both start to lean in to what i think would be a kiss but we hear mike and Lucas walk over to us so we quickly pull apart and 'act natural.'
"There you guys are! We were looking for you." Mike says.
"What happened?" Lucas says pointing to castle byers.
"Don't worry about it." Will says.
"Look I'm sorry ok? I was a total asshole. For both of you. I was just stressed by all this relationship drama and i snapped at you two even though you didn't deserve it."
"Yeah, i get it mike."
"I'm tired, we can talk about this tomorrow ok?" Will says.
"Yeah. Sure."
We all head to our homes but before i get to mine Lucas stops to talk to me.
"Hey, y/n. About what i heard between you two before.."
"I'm sorry you had to hear that. I get it if you think I'm weird now."
"What? No, i was going to say that I'm sorry i didn't realize this sooner. I know things have been off lately but your still one if my best friends. So if you need anything you can talk to me ok?"
"Oh, ok. Thanks Lucas. And uh.. don't tell anyone about this, ok?"
"Yeah. I promise."
Now i actually make my way home and when i get there i completely break down on my bed, exhausted.
Was what Mike said true? I mean he wasn't wrong why was i judging him when I'm way worse? I know i shouldn't be doing this but it helps i promise it does.. and what happened between me and will earlier? We're we gonna kiss? Did he want to kiss me? Does he like me? And what did mike mean by him not liking girls? I have no idea. I'm just scared i made things awkward between us. I don't want to loose him. Hes probably disgusted by me now.
I'm so exhausted from everything that happened that i fall asleep without even realizing.