chapter 21- dart.

I wake up and get ready for school.

After I'm done getting ready i bike to school

I get there and decide to wait for will Infront of the school sense i know he doesn't like walking alone. It has to do with his PTSD.
I see his car pull up and he gets out. I looks at the crowd of people walking into school and gets uncomfortable but then he spots me an walks over with a thankful smile.
"Hey will! How are you?" I say as i hug him.
"Hey y/n! I'm okay, did you sleep well?"
"Yeah actually." We continue talking while we walk to class.
It's the middle of science class and Dustin walks in late.
"Sorry! So sorry Mr. Clarke, please continue the class don't mind me. Sorry. -He says as he sits down and turns to us.- We need to meet, all of us. At lunch, av club."
"Why?" Mike asks.
"I have something that you won't believe."
"Ok?"
It's now lunch break and we walk to the av club where we lock the door and Dustin puts his Ghostbusters machine on the table.
He opens it's and there's this slimy.. creature inside making wired little noises.
"The fuck is that shit?" I ask kinda grossed out.
"His name it d'artagnan. -he says while picking it up.- cute, right?"
"Not really."
"D'artgnan?" Mike says.
"Dart for short."
"And he was in your trash?" Max asks.
"Foraging for food.. wanna hold him?"
"No-"
"He doesn't bite don't worry."
"I don't want to- oh god it's slimy!" Max says passing it to Lucas.
"Ugh it's like a living bugger-" Lucas says, passing it to will.
"Oh God!" Will says now passing it to me.
"Nope. Nope. Nope." I say passing it to Mike.
I get grossed out again so will hugs my arm so they don't pass it back to us.
"What is he?" Mike asks now holding it.
"My question exactly."
We spend a while trying to figure out what it is but i notice will is nervous.
Dustin thinks he discovered a new species. The bell rings and we all head to our classes.
Now all the classes are over and we're gonna show Mr. Clarke dart.
Me and will are at our lockers.
"Hey y/n, will, you guys coming? We're gonna show Mr. Clarke."
"Yeah- hey, you okay will?" I ask because he got so nervous when he mentioned dart.
"Will?"
"It's about d'artgnan.. ive seen those things before.. in the upsidedown. They look and sound exactly like dart. I think it has something to do with that place.."
He nervously looks at me and i give him a reassuring smile to let him know we believe him.
"We gotta stop them from showing him it then!" Mike says as he starts to run to Mr. Clarke's classroom.
I hold wills hand and we follow mike.
"Stop! -Mike says crashing into the room before they're about to show dart.- I'm so sorry Mr. Clarke it was a stupid prank."
"What are you doing?"
"I told him to stop. We need to go."
"Mike!"
"Now!" I say as mike takes it and runs.
They all follow us to the av club. Once we all get there mike insist that only members of the party can come in so max stays outside. I leg go of wills hand when i realize we were still holding hands and blush but no one noticed i think.
We explain to them what will told us about dart.
"Guys? Guys come on! Can I come in yet?" Max says while knocking on the door.
"No!" Mike yells.
"I don't get it."
"What don't you get?"
"Will saw something that looked like dart last year?"
"Kind of but, there was no tail."
"But then he heard it again yesterday. The exact same sound."
"Why didn't you tell us before?"
"I wasn't sure."
"So it's a coincidence."
"Or not."
"Y'know Dustin your really pissing me off. Can't you trust will on this?"
"What if when will was stuck in the upsidedown he somehow squired true sight."
"True sight?"
"It gives you the power to see into ethereal plane."
"Elaborate."
"Maybe these episodes that will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all? Maybe they're real. Maybe will can somehow see into the upsidedown."
Will starts getting more tense remembering all those events so he holds my hand discretly.
I hold his hand tight and draw circles with my thumb on the back of his hand to calm him down wich is something that always seems to work.
"So that would mean.."
"Dart is from the upsidedown."
"We have to take him to hopper."
"I agree."
"No. No way, if we give him to hopper darts good ad dead."
"Maybe he should be-"
"As he should be!" Me and Mike say at the same time.
"How can you say that?"
"How can you not? He's from the upsidedown!"
"Maybe. But even if he is it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad."
"That's like saying just because someone's from the death star doesn't make them bad."
"We have a bond."
"Oh you have got to be shitting me right now."
"A bind? Just because he likes nougat?"
"No! Because he trusts me!"
"He trusts you?"
"Yes! I promised I would take care of him-"
As he says that the box he's in starts shaking.
"Guys, what's going on c'mon?" Max asks from the other side of the door again.
"Don't hurt him!"
"Only if he attacks."
"Just open it already."
"Will, get behind me." I say as i step Infront of him so he doesn't have to be near it if it jumps out.
Dustin opens it wich makes it get out of the container then two legs grow from his stomach and it starts crawling away but then max opens the door and it goes outside the room and we loose him in the school.
"Oh shit!"
"Where'd it go?"
"What was that?" She asks.
"Dart!"
"What?"
"You let him escape!"
"Why did you attack him?"
"Come on."
"Don't hurt him! Don't you hurt him!"
"Dustin if you don't stop with this bullshit right now i swear to god-"
"It's fine, c'mon y/n. Let's look for him together. I don't wanna go alone."
"Fine."
We start looking around for it.
"West is clear too, will?" Dustin says through the walkie talkie.
"South is clear, Lucas?"
"Nothing here man."
We go to the bathroom and see if it's there, when we walk in we hear dart making that noise.
We start walking towards the noise and now will is holding my hand so tight in fear i think it might even leave a bruise but i don't care.
"You want me to go first?" I ask.
"N- no i can do it."
"Ok.
He walks over to the noise and we see dart.
"Guys.. we found him." He says through the talkie.
"Where?"
"In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's."
"Copy that."
"It's okay.. we aren't gonna hurt you."
It makes a louder sound scaring will so he runs out of the bathroom not yet letting go of my hand so i follow him.
WILLS POV:
I run out of the bathroom and the hallway lights start flickering then suddenly y/n is gone and one in another episode. In the upsidedown. The monster appears down the hall so i start running away from it. I run all the way to the outside of the school and stop in the middle of the field as i remember what bob said to me earlier today.
"This time, i stood my ground. I said go away! Go away!"
"Go away. Go away! GO AWAY! GO AWAY! GO AWAY!!" I scream.
It reaches out for me and i freeze in fear. Suddenly it starts entering my body as if trying to take over or possess me.
It Hurst. Everything hurts so bad.. where is y/n? Why is this happening to me?
NO ONES POV:
Y/n is next to will in the field shaking him trying to get him out of the transe when he starts convulsing and breathing weirdly.
At this point y/n is having a panick attack and crying as he tries to help the boy. His friends find them and a few seconds later wills mother, joyce comes running up to them and y/n steps away to let his mother help him.
Dustin goes over to y/n to help him stay calm but he was in such shock that all he could do was cry and yell his name.
"WILL? WILL?! WHATS HAPPENING TO HIM DUSTIN?" Y/n says while sobbing and hugging his friend.
"Will? Will? Sweetie wake up! It's mom!" Joyce yells.