chapter 31- welcome home.

WILLS POV:
Im eating breakfast with my mom when Jonathan walks out of the room in a hurry.
"Hey hey hey, wait up." Joyce says, walking over to him.
"Oh no I'll just eat at work. I'm late."
"No, your cheek." She says, cleaning the lipstick mark on his cheek from Nancy. He tries to sneak her out sometimes but it never works.
"Alright alright. I gotta run, see you later." He says, leaving.
"Alright." She says, sitting back down to eat.
"Ugh, gross." I say.
"Well, i don't think you're gonna think it's gross when you fall in love."
"I'm not.. gonna fall in love." I lie.
If only she knew.. but i can't tell her about how i feel about y/n.. she would be so disappointed.
"Okay.. hey, what happened here?" She asks, talking about the magnets that fell off the fridge.
"I don't know."
Y/NS POV:
Today Dustin gets back from his travel, were going to surprise him at his house. I'm so exited to see him, he's like a brother to me.
Me and the party meet up outside his house after they get there. We all walk inside since his mom already knows our surprise and we hide behind this wall so he doesn't see us.
Me and El use our powers to control his toys and lead them to where we are so Dustin will follow them.
"Now." Mike says, signaling for me and El to stop.
Dustin goes to check on the toys and we sneak behind him with our welcome home sign.
Max counts down from three with her fingers and we jumpscare dustin, wich makes him spray Lucas with hairspray in the eye accidentally.
"What the fuck!" Lucas says in pain.
"Lucas! I'm sorry you scared me to death!"
I burst out laughing at their reaction wich makes will laugh a bit too.
"It's not funny!"
"I'm sorry!" I say, trying to calm myself.
"Yeah, sorry. Y/ns laugh made me laugh." Will says with a cute smile.
Lucas goes wash his face, max goes with him and the rest of us go to Dustin's room to catch up.
"I missed you dust!" I say hugging him.
"I missed you guys! I thought none of you cared that i came back."
"C'mon there's no way that would happen! I expecially wouldn't do that, I'm offended you even thought that." I say acting hurt in a sarcastic way.
"Sorryyy."
Dustin starts showing us some new things he made while on the trip.
"Cool, right? But this.. this is my masterpiece. -he says getting one of his bags.- i would like you to meet cerebro."
He opens the bag and shows us this weir machine thing me built.
"What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asks.
"An unassembled one of a kind battery powered radio tower."
"So.. it's a ham radio?" Will says.
"The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby carries a crystal clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking north pole to south. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever i choose."
"I'm sorry what??"
"Girlfriend?" We all ask.
He talks a bit about her and we decide to go set up his radio tower so we can talk to her.
"Wait, so her name is susie?"
"Suzie with a z. She's from utah."
"Girls go to science camp?"
"Suzie does she's a genius."
"Is she cute?" Mike asks.
"Think Phoebe cates only hotter." We walk over to the front door to leave.
"That means nothing to me." I comment.
"Same." Will says with a chuckle.
"What's going on?" Max asks.
"We're going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?" Lucas and max say.
They soon join us to go to the best place said to set it up.
We start biking to the place Dustin wants to take it. After a while we get to a spot that we have to park our bikes because we're walking up a hill, apparently the higher we get the clearer it works.
Me and will have been walking a little behind everyone just talking about random stuff. I know it's stupid but even just talking to him gives me butterfly's. He's just so cute and funny. I don't even know how I got to be friends with him i mean I'm just.. me.
"Hey, lovebirds, catch up!" Max says a few feet ahead of us.
Me and will both blush and walk faster to catch up to them.
"Max what are you doing?" I whisper.
"What? I'm just joking. Besides, did you see his smile when i said that?"
"What?"
"I'll never understand how you two don't notice how into eachother you are."
"That's true." Lucas says.
I just brush it off as them joking and go back to walking with will.
"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asks
"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters." Dustin says.
"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones." Max comments.
"Yeah but Suzie's Mormon."
"Oh sit, she doesn't have electricity?"
"Oh that's the Amish."
"What are Mormons?"
"Super religious white people. They have electricity and cars and stuff but since I'm not Mormon her parents would never approve. It's all a bit.. Shakespearean."
"Shakespearean?"
"Yeah, like Romeo and Juliet."
"Right."
"Star crossed lovers."
"I got it.."
"Hey guys! -mike says a bit behind us with el.- this is fun and all but uh.."
"I have to go home." El says.
"We're almost there."
"Sorry man. Curfew. C'mon let's go." He says as they both start heading back.
"Good luck."
"Curfew at 4:09?"
"They're lying."
"It's been like this all summer."
"It's romantic."
"It's gross."
"It's bullshit. I just got home."
"It's annoying, that's what it is." I say.
"Well, they're loss. Right? Onwards and upwards, Suzie awaits!"
We start walking again but i realize will stops in his tracks and touches the back of his neck like he did at the movie with a worried look on his face.
"Will, come on!" Dustin says.
I walk over to him.
"Are you ok?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm fine.. don't worry about it."
"Ok."
After walking for a little longer we get to the top of the hill and set his radio thing us. It's already getting dark out but we continue doing it anyway.
"Pretty impressive, right?"
"Yeah."
"Now ready to meet my love?"
"Okay, sure."
"Yeah."
Dustin tries to get in touch with her but we get no response.
Now it's completely dark outside and were laying on the ground as Dustin still tries to talk to her.
Lucas and max are laying down next to each other and I'm next to will.
"Dustin, come on! She's not there!" Max says, in an annoyed tone.
"She's there alright? She'll pick up."
"Maybe cerebro doesn't work." Will says.
"Or maybe Suzie doesn't exist." Lucas says.
"She exists!"
"She's a genius and she's hotter than Phoebe cates? No girl is that perfect."
"Is that so?"
"I mean.. you're perfect. I mean like, per- perfect in your own way. In your special- in your own special way."
"Nice save, Lucas." I joke.
"Relax, I was teasing. I'm obviously perfect and dustins obviously lying. C'mon don Juan." She says, getting up and starting to walk away with Lucas.
"Where are you going?"
"Home."
"Well.. guess it's just us."
"Um, it's late. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow we can play DND. Or something fun, like we used to?"
"Yeah, sure."
"See you tomorrow, ok dust?"
"Ok."
"Welcome home."
Me and will start heading home.
We get back to our bikes and head to each of our way home.
"Goodnight, will. See you tomorrow." I say.
"Yeah.. goodnight y/n."