chapter 11- the compasses.

I wake up Still at Mike's house sense my parents couldn't give a shit where is was and realize today is wills funeral.. i know he's not dead but still.. this feels wrong.
Now, me and Mike are getting ready for it.
"Ah dad your choking me." Mike says to his dad who is tying his tie.
"It's supposed to be a little tight.. looks good."
We finish getting ready and get into the car.
"Hey, you ok y/n?"
"Yeah.."
We get to the funeral and the ceremony starts.
"Fear not, for i am with you. Be not dismayed for i am your god. I will strengthen you. Yes, i will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. It's times like these that(...)" Says the pastor.
I don't finish hearing his words i just zone out so i don't breakdown.
The ceremony ends and we all go to Mike's house to explain Mr. Clarks theory of how we get to the upsidedown.
Mike explains it to El using his drawing thing.
"It would take a lot of energy to built a gate like this. But that's gotta be what happened. Otherwise, how would will get there, right?"
"Right."
"What we want to know is do you know where the gate is?"
She shakes her head saying that she doesn't know.
"Then how do you know about the upsidedown?"
"Dustin what the fuck are you doing?" I ask.
"Dustin?"
"Dustin!"
"I- i need to see your compasses."
"What?"
"Your compasses. All of your compasses right now!"
"Fine." I say getting mine out of my bag while the others get theirs.
Once we get them we put them in the table.
"What's exiting about this?"
"Theyre all facing north, right?"
"Yeah, so?"
"Well that's not true north."
"What do you mean?"
"What else could he mean?"
"Yeah, i mean exactly what I said. That's not true north. Are you both seriously this dense?"
"Damn, ok so the sun rises in the east right? And sets on the west. Wich means-" i say getting interrupted by Dustin.
"That's true north."
"So what your saying is the compasses are broken?"
"Do you even understand how a compass works? Do you see a battery pack on this?"
"No."
"No you don't because they don't need one. The needles naturally drawn to the Earth's magnetic north pole."
"So what's wrong with them?"
"Well that's what we couldn't figure out but then i remembered. You can change the direction of the compass with a magnet. If there's a presence of a more powerful magnetic field, the needle deflects to that power. And then i remember what Mr. Clark said. The gate gets so much power-"
"It could disrupt the electromagnetic field."
"Exactly."
"Yeah."
"Meaning, if we follow the compasses north.."
"They should lead us to the gate."
"I swear to God what's this man's IQ? Bitch is smarter than all of us combined." I comment.
We grab our bags and start walking to the direction of the compasses.
"How much further?" Lucas asks.
"I don't know. These only tell direction not distance. You really need to know more about compasses."
"I'm just saying.. how do we know when we get to the gate?"
"Uh, i think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious."
"Do you think she's acting weird?"
"Your asking if the weirdo is acting weird?"
"No, i also think that Lucas.. i just don't know why."
"Yeah i mean, weirder than normal?"
"I don't know who cares?"
We walk for a few more minutes or idk hours.
"Oh no."
"Oh no?"
"The fuck does oh no mean Dustin?"
"We're headed back home."
"What?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah I'm sure, setting sun. Right there. We looped right back around."
"And your just realizing this now?"
"Why is this all one me?"
"Cause your the compass genius!"
"What do yours say?"
"North."
"Makes no damn sense."
"Maybe the gate moved."
"Why and how would the gate move?!"
"Nah i don't think it's the gate i think it's something else screwing with the compasses."
"Maybe it's something here."
"No, it has to be like a super magnet."
"It's not a magnet.."
"What do you mean Lucas?" I ask.
"She's been acting weirder then normal! If she can slam doors with her mind she can definitely screw up a compass!"
"Why would she do that?"
"She wouldn't do that, right?"
"Because she's trying to sabotage out mission! Because she's a traitor!"
"Lucas what are you doing?" Mike asks as Lucas walks closer to her.
"You did it, didn't you? You don't want us to reach the gate! You don't want us to find will!"
"Lucas c'mon seriously just leave her alone!"
"Admit it."
"No."
"Admit it!! -the grabs her arm and we see blood.- fresh blood i knew it."
"Lucas come on!"
"I saw her wiping her nose on the tracks! She was using her powers!"
"Bull that's old blood right El? Right El?"
"It's.. not.. it's not safe."
Nono we just spent hours walking here hoping to find a way to see will and she pulls this bullshit?! I thought i could trust her this time!
"What did i tell you? She's been playing us sense the beginning!"
"That's not true! She helped us find will!"
"Find will? FIND WILL? Where is he then? I don't see him!"
"Yeah you know what I mean!"
"No i actually don't! Just think about it mike. She could've just told us where the upsidedown was right away but she didn't! She just made us run around like headless chickens!"
"No, she used all of us! She helped just enough so she could get what she wants. Food and a bed! She's like a stray dog!"
"Screw you!"
"No screw you Mike!your blind because a girls isn't grossed out by you! But wake up man! Wake the hell up! She knows where will is.. and now she's letting him die in the upsidedown."
"Shut up!"
"For all we know it's her fault!"
"Shut up!"
"We're looking for some stupid monster! But did you ever think that maybe she's the monster?"
"I said shut up!"
I can't do this anymore i can't.. this way were never gonna find him.. i can't handle all this yelling..
I start to cry and loose balance so i sit down on the floor while shaking.
"Hey, y/n.. are you ok?" Dustin asks with a soft voice sense he knows I'm sensitive to screaming.
"I.. i can't d- do this.. i can't do this anymore i can't take it." I manage to say between sobs.
Mike and Lucas start fighting and eleven just looks stressed.
"STOP!" She yells, throwing Lucas away from Nike making him unconscious.
"Jesus!"
"Lucas! Lucas are you alright?"
"Lucas c'mon wake up."
I can't even get up and go to them i feel almost paralyzed.
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you?"
Lucas wakes up.
"Let me see your head."
"Get off of me!"
"Just.. Lucas let me see-"
"Get off of me!"
"MIKE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE STOP IT!" I yell.
"What-"
"I'm sorry about all of that Lucas.. im personally on your side." I say.
"Oh really? Your on his side just because you also don't like eleven?" Mike says.
"NO YOU IDIOT! ITS NOT BECAUSE OF THAT! ITS BECAUSE I HAVE TO FIND WILL AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS RUINING OUR CHANCES TO DO THAT!"
"Look, we all want to find him! What makes you so different from the rest of us?!"
"Because he's inlove with him mike! He loves him how do you not get that?!" Dustin says out of patience.
"What? He's not gay!"
"Yes i am! Ok? Happy now? You know how fucked up i am! So congratulations on your exiting new Discovery!" I say starting to walk away to go home.
"Y/n I-"
"Leave him be mike. Just.. leave him be." Dustin says.
Dustin walks over to me and helps me walk home.
"I'm sorry there was so much shouting." He says.
"It's not your fault. Thank you for helping me by the way.."
"Of course, you know your like a brother to me. Nothing will ever change that."
"Yeah.. I know. Look, I'm gonna head inside.. see you tomorrow dummy. Oh and tell Mike i said fuck you."
"Yeah.. i will." He says with a chuckle.
I went to my room and shut my door.
I can't believe those two! Eleven betrayed us and Mike still defended her! A girl he knew for a few days against will who has been his friend for years! That's such bullshit!
I'm never going to find will.. he doesn't deserve what's happening to him.. if only I could take away his pain and feel it for myself or something.. maybe i wouldn't be that useless..
Maybe it would actually be better if i wasn't here.. maybe what they need to find will is for me to die maybe I'm bad luck or something. I mean.. no one would really miss me..
If I'm killing myself it's not gonna be tonight. But maybe some other day.
I grab my razor and cut 27 times. Once my arm is bleeding and filled with fresh cuts i clean it a bit and fall onto my bed. I don't even bother wrapping them. Im just gonna lay here until i fall asleep.