chapter 9- look sad.

I sleep over at Mike's and after his mom says good morning and leaves we decide to call the others. Mike gets the walkie talkie and calls the gang.
"Lucas do you copy? Lucas c'mon i know your there! This is urgent! I'm serious.. Listen we're not gonna stop until you awnser. Lucas.. Lucas! Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas Lucas-" Mike says.
"Go away mike. I'm not in the mood, alright? Over and out." Lucas says.
"No not out! I'm not fucking around ok? This is about will! Over." I say as i grab the talkie in anger.
"What about will? You mean about his funeral? Over."
I hate the thought of a funeral for him.. i should be the one to die not him.. stop it y/n. He's alive.
"No not his funeral fuck his funeral!"
"What?"
"Just get over here stat. And bring Dustin. Over and out." Mike says.
After a while they both get here and we go downstairs to eleven.
"Eleven, show them please." I say.
She nods at me, grabs the walkie talkie and puts it in static. Soon, we can hear will whimpering.
"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it right?" Mike says.
"Yeah.. i heard a baby." Lucas says.
"What?"
"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor."
"Ok, did that sound like a baby to you? That was him! That was will." I say.
"Guys.."
"Lucas you don't understand. He spoke last night! Words! He was singing!"
"Yeah he was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!"
"Well, if the weirdo heard him, then i guess-"
"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin asks.
"I don't think it's about that. I think that somehow.."
"She's channelling him."
"Like professor x."
"Yeah."
"Are you actually believing this crap?"
"I dont know i mean.. do you remember when will fell of his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that."
"Did you guys not see what i saw? They pulled his body out of the water! He's dead!"
"Lucas can you not.. please." I say on the verge of tears.
"Well, then maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us."
"It's not his ghost."
"So how do you know that?"
"I just do!"
"Then what was in the water?"
"I don't know! All we know is will is alive. All we have to do is find him.."
"Yeah, this isn't gonna work, we need to get her to a stronger radio."
"Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack."
"Yeah."
"Heathkits at school. There's no way were gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. I mean look at her."
"There is something we can do.. but first Lucas, stop calling her that she has a name."
We all plan a disguise for her and Mike helps her with it.
Me Lucas and Dustin go through costume boxes to find something for her, after a while Lucas finds a dress and Dustin finds a wig.
"You look fabulous~" i say to Dustin who put the wig on.
"I know right?"
We give El the outfit and wait for her to get dressed. After that she comes out of Nancy's room and she looks great.
"Wow.. she looks-"
"Pretty... Good! Pretty good."
"Pretty.. good." she says looking at her reflection.
We bike to school with her and walk in.
"Ok, remember if anyone sees us.. look sad."
"Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor will byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period." The principal says through the speaker.
"It's locked."
"What?"
"Hey do you think you can open it? With your powers?"
"Boys?" Mr. Clark says scaring us.
"Hey."
"Assembly is about to start."
"We know.. were just, you know.."
"Upset."
"D- definitely upset."
"We need some alone time."
"To uh cry."
"Yeah.. listen i get it. I do. I know how hard this is but let's just be there for will, huh? And then, the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say? I don't believe we've met, what's your name?" He says to El.
"Ele-"
"Eleanor!.. she's uh my uh-"
"Cousin!"
"Second cousin."
"She's here for wills funeral."
"Well.. welcome to Hawkins middle, Eleanor. I wish you were here in better circumstances."
"Thank you."
"Where are you from exactly?"
"Bad place.."
"Sweden!"
"I have a lot of swedish family."
"She hates it there."
"Cold.."
"Subzero."
"Shall we?"
"Yep!"
"At times like this.. it's important that we come together as a community- -the principal says, getting interrupted by us walking in.- we come-"
"Abort." Dustin says but we make him stay with us.
"We come together to grieve.." and the speech goes on for a while but i try not to pay attention so i don't cry.
"Look at these faker.." mike whispers.
"They probably didn't even know his name till today."
We hear troy laughing some seats to our right.
"Who's interested in this? This is so stupid. Blah blah blah blah.. oh he was such a pretty student. Oh he's going to leave a hole in the community~" troy says in a mocking tone to his pet friend.
"Mouth breather." Eleven says.
"Got that right." I say.
I swear to God it is on my bucket list to punch him in the face, i hate that fucking bitch.
"Hey.. hey Troy! Yo- you think this is funny?" Mike says as everyone starts to leave.
"What'd you say wheeler?" Troy says.
"We saw you guys laughing over there-" i add.
"And i think that's a really messed up thing to do."
"Didn't you two listen to the counselor? Grief shows itself in funny ways."
"Besides.. what's there to be sad about anyway? Will is in fairyland now, right? Flying around with all the other fairies.. all happy and gay!"
Ok now he crossed the fucking line.
"Hey you fucking piece of failed abortion, shut your fucking mouth ok? Cause i bet even a fucking fairy could beat the shit out of you." I say.
I go towards him as he's walking away and turn him around then kick his knee making him fall down.
"Your dead l/n! Dead!"
Before he can get to me he stops, i look to eleven and see shes using her powers.
"Dude, troy peed himself!" This guy says.
The entire gym laughs at him and i give eleven a tissue for her bloody nose.
In my backpack i have things that could come in helpful and sense her nose bleeds when she uses her powers i carry a pack of tissues with me.
"Hey, what's going on here?" The principal says.
"C'mon let's go!" Dustin whispers as we all run to Mr. Clarke's Heathkit.