chapter 29- snow ball.

It's been a few weeks since eleven closed the gate. In the meantime, Steve has gotten better after apparently getting in a fight with Billy, will has recovered a lot from the exorcism thing we did and I've gotten back my strength. Turns out i just needed to eat and sleep. A ironically easy way to get better after all of this.
Today is the snow ball of '84, where our school has this dumb dance for our classes.
I don't think any of us have a date for it, maybe Lucas will go with max. I heard they were pretty close.
The dance is in an hour and i decide to get ready.
I put on a nice outfit for the dance, i wish I could go with my normal clothes but i know you're supposed to wear social clothes for this. I mess with my hair for a bit to make it look good and after like half an hour I'm ready for the dance. The ride to my school from my house is about 30-40 minutes so i start heading there.
Once i get there i see Dustin walk out of a car so i run up to him.
"Hey Dustin!" I say.
"Oh hey y/n!"
"Hi Steve!"
"Hey! You two have fun alright?"
"Sure, thanks for the ride." Dustin tells him.
"Your hair it's.."
"You like it?" He asks, spinning around to show me it.
"It's very Steve like. But hey, if it worked for him, I'm sure the girls are gonna love it."
"Cool."
We both walk in and see our friends around a table waiting for us.
"Hey guys!" I say walking up to them.
"Hey!"
The guys make fun of Dustin's hair and we talk for a bit.
"Hey y/n, c'mon let's take a photo!" Will says, holding my hand and dragging me with him over to where Jonathan is taking photos.
"ok! Ok! Calm down!" I say, with i chuckle.
"Hey y/n! You two want a photo?" Jonathan asks.
"Yeah!" Will respondes.
Jonathan takes the photo of us and we didn't realize we were still holding hands till after the photo was taken.
"You two look good together." Jonathan says with a smirk, making me and will blush.
We both get back to our friends.
Lucas goes to dance with max after the calm song started and Dustin goes to ask some girl to dance with him.
Mike pulls me aside to talk with me.
"So?" He asks.
"What?"
"You know! Are you gonna ask him to dance?"
"What? I mean- i didn't think he would- you think he'd actually dance with me?"
"Just one way to find out."
"I don't know-"
"Hey will! Y/n want to ask you something!" Mike says, pushing me over to him.
"Mike!"
"What is it?" Will asks.
"I um-"
"Hey zombie boy! Wanna dance?" This girl from our class asks him.
"Uh- i um.. -i give him a reassuring nod telling him to dance with her.- sure.."
Why did i do that? Maybe it's for the best.. he's probably straight and wouldn't dance with me anyway.. it would hurt our friendship if i got rejected.
"I'm sorry y/n.." Mike says after they leave to go dance.
"It's fine. It's probably for the best anyway.. at least this night isn't a complete fail. Look who's here." I say, pointing at eleven who walked in.
"El!"
"Have fun with your girlfriend~"
"Hey El, you look good." I say, walking past her.
"Thanks, you also look nice."
I decide to go outside for a bit. I'm not feeling really festive right now anyway. It probably wouldn't make a difference if i was here or not.
I start walking away but this girl stops me before i head out.
"Hey! Do you wanna dance with me?" She asks.
"Um I'm sorry, i can't right now."
"Oh ok, bye then."
I walk out the dance room and sit on a bench outside the place to smoke. I got the cigarettes from my dad but he wouldn't realize they were gone or care if i used them.
WILLS POV:
I didn't really wanna dance with this girl but it seemed like y/n didn't care if i did so i guess he wasn't going to ask me to dance after all. I don't know why he would anyway though, it's not like he would ever like me.
I finish dancing with her and look around for y/n.
"Hey Jonathan, have you seen y/n?" I ask.
"Hey bud, yeah i think i saw him leave a few minutes ago. Why?"
"Oh.. it's nothing."
"Wanted to dance with him?"
"What? No!"
"It's fine, i can tell you have a thing for him."
"..what are you talking about?" I ask afraid he wouldn't be happy with this.
"Look, you obviously like him, go ask him to dance with you. He's probably still outside."
"Ok.. I'm just gonna go check if he's ok out there."
"Ok. sure bud, whatever you say."
I walk out the ball and see him smoking outside of the school.
"Hey y/n. What are you doing here?" I ask, walking up to him.
"Oh hey will, i just got a bit bored. What's up? I thought you'd be dancing with that girl still?"
"Oh yeah about that.. uh- the slow boring songs ended so um, do you wanna come back in? We can dance together!"
"Together?"
"I mean uh, you know as friends?"
"Oh, friends. Ok sure." He says, putting his cigar off and walking with me.
"C'mon!" I say, grabbing his hand and leading us to the dance floor.
We all dance for the rest of the night and soon each go home and sleep.