chapter 26- mind flayer.

I do t know what wills plan is on how he thinks we can stop it but i plan on being as helpful as possible. He asks for the doctors to print out photos of the map he created in his house and we set up the photos like the map he was trying to make on top of the table in the meeting room.
Once we're done arranging the pictures, me and Mike sit next to will while everyone else stands behind us, looking at the map.
"Sam, this is ludicrous." This doctor says.
"Just, give him a moment ok?" Their leader says.
"We don't have time-"
"Hey, jackass, why don't you do us all a favor and shut up, okay?" Hopper says.
Will gets up from where he was sitting and walks to the end of the table, after staring at it for a while he points to a place where all the veins connect.
"That's it." Will says.
"That's what? What's there, will?"
"I don't know. I just know.. he doesn't want me to see there. I think it's important."
The lab decides to send some people in to try and find that place.
While they go and check that out me, Joyce, bob and Mike stay with will, who got back into the hospital bed.
"I'm sorry.." will says.
"What? What do you mean sweetie?" Joyce says.
"He made me do it." His voice shakes in fear.
"Who? Who made you do what?"
"I told you. They upset him. They shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't have upset him."
"The spy." Mike says, realizing what he was talking about.
"Shit the spy!" Me and Mike say, getting up to let the doctors know that it was a trap.
We run over to the room they were in but the guards don't let us through.
"I need to get through! It's a trap!"
Bob grabs mike from the guards.
"We need to warn them you fucking idiots! It's a trap!"
The alarm in the hospital goes off.
"What the hell?" Bob says.
"We're too late."
"What?"
"We're too late!"
We run back ti wills room.
"What's going on?" Joyce asks.
"We're u der attack."
"Shit, he knows where we are because of will." I say to Mike.
"We need to make will sleep."
"What?"
"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster."
"He's lying!"
"He killed those soldiers, hell kill us too!"
"He's lying! He's lying!" Will shouts as he panicks.
We hear gunshots fire in the distance.
"Will! Listen. Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am?!"
He stops for a few seconds.
".. you're.. you're mom."
"Hold him down." She says.
I hold him down, careful not to hurt him as she takes the needle.
"Let me go!"
"I'm sorry!" She says as she drugs him to sleep.
I let Bob hold him down and hug mike, making sure i can't see them doing it.
He falls asleep and hopper and the doctor come running through the door, into the room.
Whatever is trying to kill us starts breaking the corridor door.
"We gotta go. We gotta go!" Hopper says as he picks will up and we all start running.
We soon become blocked by the monsters so we're forced to hide in the camera room.
"Oh my god.." Bob says as we see the massacre through the screens.
Soon, all the power goes off.
We start coming up with a plan. After we figure it out we need someone to go to the breakers and restart the  security so we can actually escape. Hopper volunteers but then bob explains how only someone who know the computer programming language can do it so we all decide it's best for Bob to go.
"I'm watching over bob." I say, closing my eyes so i can get into the black void and see him.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Just, everyone do t say anything unless it's an emergency."
"Ok."
I concentrate on bob and soon I'm in the void. I look around and spot him running through the hospital after the breakers.
"He's alrighty so far. He's at the computer now."
They speak to him through the walkie and I'm still watching over him. I feel my nose start to bleed but i ignore it.
Mike takes me out of the transe so we can all go back to running away.
"You ok y/n?"
"Yeah. It's fine. Let's go."
We all make our way to the exit of the place but Joyce stays behind, looking for Bob.
We hear Joyce scream so hopper runs back to her while me and Mike grab will.
We see them them coming back to where we are.
"What happened?!"
"He's gone! He's gone." Hopper tells Joyce.
We hear a car horn go off and turn to see Jonathan and Nancy in a car telling us to get in.
"C'mon! Get it!" Jonathan says.
We all get in and head out the gates of the hospital where we see Lucas, Dustin, max and Steve.
Hopper gets another car and takes them while we go ahead.
We get to wills place and put him down on the couch.
We all sit on the dinner table, waiting.
"Here y/n, for your nose." Dustin says, giving me a tissue.
"Thanks."
"Did you use your powers again?" Lucas asks.
"Wait- powers?" Max asks.
"Yeah, he has them really similar to elevens."
"Yeah, to watch over bob.. turns out it wasn't even worth it after all.."
"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder I'd Hawkins av?" Mike asks.
"Really?"
"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"
"Yeah."
"We can't let him die in vain."
"What do you want us to do, mike? The chiefs right on this. We can't stop those demo dogs on our own."
"Demodogs?"
"Demogorgon dogs.. demodogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play with words-"
"Ok."
"I mean when it was just dart, maybe.."
"But there's an army now."
"Precisely."
"His army."
"What do you mean?" Steve asks.
"His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too."
"The shadow monster."
"It got will that day in the field. The doctor said it was like a virus. It infected him."
"And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?"
"To the tunnels, to the misters, the upsidedown, everything."
"Woah slow down."
"Okay so, the shadow monsters inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does will."
"And so does dart."
"Yeah, like what's Mr. Clarke taught us. The hive minds."
"Hive mind?"
"A collective consciousness. It's a super organism."
"And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain."
"Like the mind flayer."
"Oh yeah! The mind flayer!" I say.
"What?" Steve and max ask.
We call everyone to where we are so we can explain this to them.
"The mind flayer "
"What the hell is that?" Hopper asks.
"It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home. Okay, it enslaves races of the other dimensions by taking over their brains using it's highly developed psionic powers."
"Oh my god, none of this is real. This is a kids game."
"Yeah, well i also didn't think the upsidedown was real, or the powers or even dart but guess what? It is." I say.
"It's a manual. An it's not for kids. And unless you know something's that we dont this is the best metaphor-"
"Analogy."
"Analogy? That's what youre worried about? Fine! An analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is."
"Okay, so this mind flamer thing-" Nancy says.
"Flayer. Mind flayer."
"What does it want?"
"To conquer us, basically. It believes it's the master race."
"Like the Germans." Steve says.
"The- the Nazis?"
"Yeah yeah, the Nazis."
"Uh if the Nazis were from another dimension, totally. Uh, it views other races like us, as inferior to itself."
"It wants to spread, take over other dimensions."
"We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it."
"That's great. That's great. That's really great. Jesus!"
"Okay, so if this things is like a brain that's controlling everything, then if we kill it.."
"We kill everything it controls."
"We win."
"Theoretically."
"Great, so how do we kill this thing? Shoot it with fireballs or something?"
"No, no no fire- no fireballs. Uh, you summon an undead army uh, because.. because zombies, you know, they dont- they dont have brains, and the mind flayer, it.. it.. it like brains.. it's just a game. It's a game."
"I think you broke dusting real quick."
"What the hell are we doing here?"
"I thought we were waiting for backup, for your military backup."
"We are!"
"Even if they come how are they gonna stop this? You can just shoot this with guns!"
"You don't know that! We don't know anything!"
"We know it's already killed everybody in that lab."
"And we know the misters are gonna molt again."
"And we know that it's only a matter of time before those tunnels reach this town."
"They're right. We have ti kill it. I want to kill it." Joyce says.
"Me too, Joyce ok? But how do we do that? We don't exactly know what we're dealing with here."
"No. But he does. If anyone knows how to destroy this thing, it's will. He's connected to it. Hell know it's weaknesses."
"I thought we couldn't trust him anymore. That he's a spy for the mind flayer now."
"Yeah but, he can't spy if he doesn't know where he is."
"The cabin, behind the house. We can use it as a place to question him, we just have to make it unrecognizable." I say.
I'm watching over will while the rest works on the cabin.
"Hey, y/n." Max says, walking into the room."
"Hey max. I'm sorry if mike was mean to you now while you were helping him. It's not your fault he's just very protective over his friends."
"It's ok, i get it."
"And just so you know we all would love it for you to be in the party. Mike hasn't gotten to know you yet but he'll come around."
"Thanks. And uh, i can see will means a lot to you. I'm sorry you had to go through everything. Lucas told me."
"Oh.. uh yeah. Your ok with it?" I ask, not knowing if he told her everything.
"What do you mean?"
"With the me liking will thing.. Lucas must e told you.."
"Oh uh i didn't really know that. I meant when he went missing."
"Oh.."
"But hey, it's ok. Why wouldn't I be ok with it?"
"Thanks."
"C'mon, where finishing up in the cabin."
"Ok, sure."
We finish the makeover of the inside if the cabin and Jonathan brings will inside, sitting him on the chair in the middle of the room.
We tie him up to it to make sure he doesn't go anywhere or do anything, but i make sure it's not hurting him.
We set up some lights to keep him disoriented while we talk to him and Joyce gets the thing that's gonna wake him up she stole from the lab.
Steve, Dustin, Nancy, Lucas and max stay in the main house while me, Joyce, hopper, mike and Jonathan stay inside the cabin to talk to him.
"Alright ready?" Hopper asks.
"Yeah." Joyce responds.
Hopper wakes will up.