chapter 42- ridiculous.

I wake up the next day and see will cuddled up to me laying his head on my chest. He looks so peaceful sleeping. I hope today can be better for him I know he's going through a lot.
I slowly get up trying not to wake him up then I go to the bathroom. After that Jonathan knocks on the door and I opened it.
"Hey, good morning. What's up?" I say.
"Hey y/n, I was just letting you guys know there's breakfast ready." Jonathan says.
"Oh ok, we'll be there in a sec." I say.
"Ok." He says going back to the kitchen.
"Will, love wake up." I say as I softly shake him awake.
"Huh? Oh hi handsome, good morning." Will says getting up.
"Jonathan said there's breakfast ready."
"Ok, let's go." Will says walking over to the door, stopping to give me a morning kiss on the way.
We both go to the kitchen and sit down to eat, a few seconds later mike does the same.
"Hey Mike, good morning."
"Hi.." he says looking tired.
"did you get some sleep?"
"Not really but it's fine."
"Alright."
We continue eating in an awkward silence until Jonathan says something.
"Hey guys, there is a 4pm showing of police academy 3. could be fun." Jonathan says trying to brighten the mood.
"Maybe we just stay home today." Will says.
"What is this? You guys are just gonna mope around all break?"
"No one's moping. It's just the movie is supposed to suck."
Mike gets up and takes a plate of waffles to els room.
"I don't get why they can't just talk things out. They always do this." I say.
"Yeah, I'm kinda just starting to get used to it at this point."
After a while we goo to the living room and watch some TV since we have the house for ourselves after Joyce and Murray went to Alaska. I sit next to will resting my head on his shoulder and holding his hand. I could tell he was smiling which I thought was cute.
A phew hours later the doorbell rings.
"Ten bucks says mom forgot something." Will says.
"Yeah, I'm not taking that bet." Johnathan says.
We hear him go to the door and open it.
"Hi, does Jane hopper live here?" We hear this guy say.
"Uh, yeah, um, what's this about?"
"Is Janes father or mother around?"
"Uh, no no, her mom's out of town. I'm her brother. Um, stepbrother. But uh, I'm sorry what is this about?"
Me and will get up and go to where they're at to see what's going on.
"You may have bit be aware of an incident involving Jane at the rink o mania."
"That was an accident." Will says
"Yeah." I say.
"We have a warrant here that says otherwise."
"A warrant? Come on that's crazy. That doesn't need to happen."
Eleven and Mike come downstairs.
"Hey there! You Jane hopper?"
The policeman come and arrest her for assault and take her to the police station. We get in a car and go after them to see which police station they're taking her so we can get her out of there.
We get there and they take her in while we wait at the entrance. After a while we go ask the front desk if we can see her.
"The name is Jane hopper."
"Jane hopper, okay yes I see her now. It looks like she's still being processed." The front desk lady says.
"Ok, so what does that mean exactly?"
"That means they're putting her in the system after she'll be transferred to juvenile hall."
"What?!"
"Jail? You're gonna out her in jail?"
"A detention hall for juveniles."
"That's jail!"
"Hey, look, is there any chance we can just see her?"
"Are you her parents or legal guardians?"
"No but-"
"We're her brothers and we're family."
"That's not enough you have to be a parent or legal guardian."
"You have to be kidding. That is ridiculous!"
"That's the law! You're not gonna change it complaining to me  you want to see Jane? Find your mother."
"Thank you." Johnathan says as we all decide to walk out.
"That's bullshit. Such bullshit I mean she wasn't even trying to help."
"Then what do we do?"
"I don't know. I guess we have to wait mom to land in Alaska."
"Then she's gonna be sitting in jail?"
"Yeah, I don't know-"
Mike runs through us and goes towards a moving car.
"Hey, stop that car!" Mike yells but the car keeps going and soon is way out of reach.
"Was that the car? Was El in it?"
"Yeah."
"Well shit."
"Yeah, shit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: sorry for my break I needed some time but I'm gonna start posting again. Sorry for the short chapter too I'm really sleepy rn lmfao. Love u all and thank you if you stuck around till I came back! <333 xoxo