Chapter 11 <3

<just wanna say before this chapter starts its very chaotic and everywhere. some of the things in the chaper are also based on events that happened to me and a friend 0-0 anyways Ill let you guys start reading now lol, dont wanna keep you any longer>

We were all sitting watching Scream 2 when there was suddenly a jumpscare on the screen. At this point Monoma was just sitting on me. Most people wouldnt take him for the kind of guy that cries every time someone slightly scares him, but he is. Its laughable honestly. "Y/n how is this not scaring you?!" He was practically shouting in my ear.
"Some people dont show when they get scared even though they are. L/n seems to be one of them, hes been shaking since that jumpscare 10 minutes ago," Yanagi told Monoma.
"Hey I am not scared!" I said. Just then, there was a loud bang from the basement. Not in the movie, in my real life house.

Everyone paused, the movie, moving around, just everything. It was silent at this point and all you could hear was the clock ticking.
"Sooo, uh... who's gonna go check that out?" Tetsu asked, hesitantly.
"Not it!!" Of course Monoma would be the one to start this.
After everyone was done saying "not it" I was the only one who hadnt said it. I shoved Monoma onto the ground and put on my blue bunny slippers. "Y-ya know, you dont have to L/n. Its probably just...uh house settling noises! Yeah th-thats totally it," Awase said, his voice shaking.

"But I didnt say 'not it' so I have to right? Plus. it is my house, so I should see whats going on."
As I made my way over to the basement door, Yanagi started following behind me. She insisted that she should go with me just in case something happened. Once she said that..
"Hey you reeaally dont have to go down there! I mean it could toootaly be your house settling, just like Awase said!" Monoma tried convicing me to stay upstairs, which clearly i was ignoring.
This is the most Ive ever seen him freak out, and its kinda funny. Hes not his usual cocky self when hes scared.

Yanagi and I started going down the stairs. I turned the light on when we reached the bottom and didnt realy see anything. Just an old pool table, a bookcase and some junk laying across the ground. As we started venturing in further to search for the sound, we heard running from upstairs, then down the stairs, then coming towards us. Dear gods why wont he go away?!?
"You know, if you two had a strong guy like me down here with you, you wouldnt have to be scared." And hes back to being himself.
"Monoma, I think we can handle a sound on out own," I said, waving Yanagi to continue looking. Just then, we heard the bang again. It was behind us. We missed it.
After turning around, we only saw a few boxes and the bookcase. There was a book on the ground right in front of the case.
"Aha! We found the problem! A book fell from the shelf. Alrighty then, lets head back up!" Monoma started rushing towards the door, when it suddenly shut.
"Okay guys, very funny!" I yelled. "Locking us in the dingy basement, haha now let us out!" There was no response.
The three of us looked at each other. Yanagi looked really excited, but its honestly not surprising. Monoma, however, was shaking in his boots. Like Yanagi said earlier, I was scared, you just couldnt tell. It was actually kinda freaky. This whole siuation happening in my house. It wasnt unusual for a spirit or two to act up, but this hasnt happened in the 7 years weve lived here. We heard footsteps coming up behind us. We all started panicing, looking around frantically. Monoma fell forward, gracefully almost, right on top of me.
"Haha! I got you guys good!" Kuroiro popped out of corner.
Yanagi burst out with laughter. Did they plan this?! I shoved Monoma off of me, yet again, and walked towards the door. I reached on top of the door frame, remembering the key we keep up there. I walked up the stairs without saying a word. I dont know why I was so irritated, but I was. I plopped down on the couch and resumed the movie, not even telling anyone.
I could hear Monoma complaining in the basement, not letting Yanagi or Kuroiro leave until they told him when they planned that. I couldnt help but laugh at him. He sounded like a 5 year old not getting what they want.
After about 3 minutes, they came back upstairs. "Hey when did you start the movie back up?" Yanagi asked me, running to her seat.
"When I came back upstairs."
"Well why didnt you tell us?"
"I dunno. Just forgot."
"Hey, hush you guys, I wanna watch the movie," Kendo said, shutting us up.