Chapter 23

"What do you mean you cant make it?!?!?"

Todays the day of the sports festival. I wasnt feeling well though, which was not good. For the past week, Ive been training really hard to help win this thing. Its been rough, but fun to be working with everyone. Neito was yelling at the top of his lungs at my front door, very angry.

"Your immune system is stupid!! You need to be taking better care of yourself you idiot! We need you out there!!!"

"Well if you guys are so strong, you should be able to beat Class A without my help."

"Well we obviously could! I just- I mean, we just want you there."

"Well Im sorry my immune system is so stupid."

And with that, he sighed and turned around, stomping off to school. I felt bad, sure, but I dont think he should react like that.

I really am dating an idiot.

I was starting to feel so bad for not being able to compete in the festival, so I decided Ill go watch from the stands.
"Where do you think youre going mister?"

I turned around and saw mom with her arms crossed. "Uhh, the festival?..."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Y/n, you cant go."

"But mom!! The class was counting on me to compete with them and now Im not even there! Theyre all gonna hate me when I get back!!!"

She sighed, "Wear a mask and take some water. You dont need to be making everyone at the damn festival gross like you."

"That was a harsh way to put it..."

"Do you think youll be able to sit with your classmates?"

"Yeah, I should be able to."

"Alright, come on," she said, grabbing her car keys and some tissues.

"Why the tissues?"

"Because-" I sneezed and it hurt real bad. "Thats why," she said, handing me the small package.

We arrived at the gates to the school, which was still letting guests in. I put on my mask and grabbed my things, walking to the gates. I told the guys at the gates that Im a student and that I was running late, and I walked to the classroom, just in case anyone was there. Luckily, there werent too many of my classmates, just the small group of people I was hoping to see. They all turned their heads.

"Why on Earth are you here?! Youre sick you idiot! You should be at home sleeping or whatever it is you do when youre sick!!!"

"Neito, hush. Im just here to watch."

"Hey Y/n!" I heard Kendo call. "I had a feeling youd do something like this."

"Yeah, youre kinda crazy, huh?" Tetsu added.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" I said under my breath before gasping.

"Whats wrong? Are you passing out?? Y/n you cant die here! Not in this hellhole!!" Neito shouted at me.

"I KNEW IT!!!!!" I pointed to Kendo and Tetsu HOLDING HANDS!

"Oh yeah, we were gonna tell you this morning but you didnt show," Kendo said, blushing.

"Wait, you knew it? How??"

"Miko called me after everyone left screaming and crap about how excited she was to be dating the both of you."

"Ah, we told her not to tell you, but I guess that didnt happen," Kendo laughed dryly.

"Yeah, anyways, shouldnt you guys be getting ready? When does the festival start?"