6. Drugs

The car suddenly comes to a stop and I wake up from my daze. I hope this is just some joke and that when they untie this rope Ashton Kutcher will come out and say 'You got punked!'. I know the probabilities of that happening are slim considering the people I'm surrounded with. Maybe this is what Sarah was talking about, people already want me dead just because I'm close to her. The smell of weed is on the men.

I feel my arm being snatched up by one of the guys and once again the air hits my skin. We walk for what seems forever and then I feel myself being brought upstairs. I take this as an advantage and I kick one of them and run. I don't know where I'm going but I hear one of them call me a bitch. I can't see anything so I will probably fall any moment now. At least I tried.

Feeling my hair being grabbed and yanked I fall to the ground. He punches me in my mouth and I can taste my blood. I will never that with him again. My head and my entire face hurts now and he's dragging me up the stairs by my hair. My body feels like its broken.

They knock and someone opens the door. They allowed me to walk in but my legs are num. I really can't tell if they are still there. It smells like weed and cough syrup in this place. They throw me on the couch and I gladly comply. This will probably be the place I die at. I start crying when I realize that, I'm not ready to die.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER?" I know that voice anywhere, Cardo.

"We ruffed her up a bit she kicked me." that sounds like one of the men that kidnapped me, he sounds scared.

"YOU HIT HER?" Cardo asks him.

Was Sarah the one who constructed this? I'm tied up and bloody. I just need to keep my breath even. I need to keep breathing,

"Just get the hell away." Cardo said with poison in his tone. I feel myself being gently put in his lap. He takes the blindfold off and I could barely see him through my swollen eyes. He pulled me closer and I cried on his shoulder from the pain. "You're safe now Lena. I knew we shouldn't have sent them after you I could have got you myself." His finger brushes over my lips and it hurts. When he untied my wrists I can feel the burn on them. He stands up carrying me bridal style and I grunt. We don't walk for long but I feel myself going into another room. He sits me back down and I feel someone grab my hand.

"Oh my Gosh! What have you two done??!" I hear Sarah scream.

"I didn't mean to-" I hear the one that threw my cloths at me. I look up and slowly try to open my eyes. I think its Danny who is holding my hand.

"You didn't mean to what?" she spats at him. This is a totally new side of Sarah that I'm seeing or hearing. I breath in and out on Danny's chest and for minute. I thought I was going to sleep.

"Boss I'm-" gunshots interrupt his apology and I feel sticky stuff fly on my body. I scream in agony as I try to move. My side is hurting like I got kicked and fall to my knees throwing up. I couldn't help but to throw up at the thought of what might be all over my body. My throw up taste like blood though. A hand starts to rub my back and I shrug away from the touch.

"Lena, calm down." Cardo tells me as he continues to rub my back. I look at my wrists and they have bad rope burn. I look up to see Sarah with remorse in her eyes. Looking down at the floor I see lots of blood on the ground. I put my hand to my head and hold it where the blood is leaking. Looking over I see the one of the men that kidnapped me with half of his head gone. I throw up again at the sight. The other looks at me with cold eyes and gunshot wounds to his chest.

I need to get it together. I step away from Sarah and hold my wrists. She starts to walk towards me but I keep walking backwards until I bump into someone. Turning around I see Cardo and further behind him I see The rest of the boys and about 10 more I don't know.

"Stay away from me." I whisper at the both of them.

"Lena, don't do this again. I was worried like hell about you. DID YOU NOT TAKE MY WARNING! PEOPLE WANT YOU DEAD BECAUSE YOU MEAN SOMETHING TO ME!!" Sarah yells at me.

"My body hurts." I say to her sobbing in the process. My body is being ripped in half. I have only seconds to live. My head is hurting like never before. I'm not sure of all my teeth are in my mouth. I'm not even sure it my hair is on my head. All I can feel is pain. Cold, hard pain. I sit on the floor slowly and cry while holding my head.

"I know it does and I'm gonna fix it. I'm sorry. A doctor will be here to help you soon." she assures me.

I'm scared but I lift my fingertips to wipe my eyes and feel the how swollen my face is. I can open my eyes a little more so that must be good.  Cardo sits on the ground next to me and grabs my shoulder and turns me to him. I whimper because that hurts. "I'm sorry!" He says letting it go but he looks me dead in my eyes and pulls me closer like I'm a bird with a broken wing, we're nose to nose now. "We're gonna take care of you."

We stay like that for awhile until I pull away and remember I'm covered in someone else's brain matter and my own blood. "All of you clean this up." Sarah instructs and they all start to move like the building is on fire.

They all start to move where we are standing. "Come on, Lena." Sarah gently pulls me off the floor and walks very slowly with me. So much has happened in the last 24 hours and I have a feeling more is to come. Sarah leads me into a bedroom.

"Where am I?" I ask in a monotone voice.

"At another mansion." She explains. It looks better than our home. "There is the bathroom, everything you need is in there. I have cloths up here and everything so just try to get you some rest. I promise I will explain in the morning." she whispers before leaving me alone with this hell in my head.

I can't believe she killed someone. No one even cared. They acted like it was normal. Those men's warm fists were just beating me. I will never understand this but what I really don't understand is how I missed it all this time. The awkwardness about certain subjects that could relate to drugs and gangs. Sarah wanting them to always be with me.

That day in the car when they laughed about the gang violence in Miami. When I was on the phone with them and they couldn't tell me what they were doing. Everything I thought I knew is slowly fading. I lay on a pillow and I start to cry some more  uncontrollably. None of this would have happened if my mom was still alive. She would know what to do in a situation like this. She always did. I would have never been in a situation like this.

Someone opens the door and they lay next to me. A scent between axe and good body wash or maybe its him. I can't even think straight so I just let him lay there.

"Will you let me clean you up?" He asked. I look up at him and didn't say anything.

He slowly picks me up and stands up with me and takes us to the bathroom. He closes the door and starts to run some bath water. I lean up against the mirror limply. When the water is finished he pulls down some towels and soap from a cabinet. He lifts my shirt a little and I close my eyes. Tears fall as he pulls my arms through the shirt. Soon its off and I let go of the breath I was holding. A warm towel pats my face. Another one is held to my ribcage and I hold my hand over his because it hurts. After he finishes up he lets me take a bath.

I take off my cloths and get in the warm water, it makes my skin tingle. That man had just beat me and now he is dead not 30 minutes later. As I'm taking my bath the only thing I can think of is:

#1: I saw someone get killed tonight.

#2: I can never tell anyone.

#3: I will probably see it happen again.

When I get out of the tub I limp to the bed with only a bra and panties on. It was the only thing still in the package in there. The door opens and I curl up and hope whoever it is shoots me to take away the pain.

"Lena, the doctor is here." Sarah said. I nod and she sits next to me. I sit up slowly. "I can help you get dressed."

I look at her and say a stubborn Thank you. After she helps me I lay back down on top of the covers.

The doctor said I have a 2 sprung ribs and tissue damage. He stitched my scar on my head up and gave me some pain medicine but he will be back tomorrow. This nightmare just won't end. I went straight to sleep after whatever he gave me.